1000 ELO here, I have some questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

01-13-2011

DISCLAIMER: This isn't the "ogfm elo hell riot sucks qq post", I just want to ask some questions.

1. How the hell do I convince people to stop banning Mordekaiser? I swear, he gets banned EVERY SINGLE GAME. I could understand it before the nerfs: his early game could be hard to counter in some cases, but now? It's a wasted ban IMO.

2. ORACLES AND WARDS. How to force people to buy them? Many people do it, but only late game... which is ironic, because it's way to late already; the stealth characters are already fed and it's difficult to shut them down even with oracles. Same with wards, no one buys them unless it's obvious that the enemy team is killing Nashor.

3. 25 minute surrender mark. Unless we're facerolling the enemy team people just lose the will to fight after we lose the mid tower. or a teamfight when there's still way to get back, but it requires strategy and/or tricks (you know, them BRAINZ AND THINKING. HARD.). I recall only one game where I managed to convince my teammates to keep on playing when we were losing (we still lost after 45 minutes, but d4mn, it was a good game anyway and there was not a single "bg" at the end of it). In other words: where are all the tryhards?

I know that all of these problems can be solved by playing arranged, but not all of my friends are on 24/7 and therefore I hit the solo queue.

Everspace

01-13-2011

1. Well because at 1k elo, he is quite the stomper and people don't know how to deal with him.

2. You buy them

3. They are not there.

Best bet is to go 2que.

iSygg

01-13-2011

If you want to win games for your team you have to play pub stompers like Eve Panth or Ryze (Etc) and use them well it's basically the only way to guarentee a win is to make the other team fall prey to your number 3.

Edit: You can't rely on logical actual good team strategies because your team will give up before teams that win long haul games get to that point.
Like, bringing Tryndamere to a solo queue is asking to lose because you shouldnt be strong enough to do anything with him before you team loses because you never made it to the 30 minutes mark where he is good.

Mr Testiclez

01-13-2011

998 Elo here. I agree... With everyone.

Wulgreth

01-13-2011

Weird, I have an account around that ELO and I find much the opposite.

1) Morde is banned rarely in my games. I see amumu, rammus, eve, panth and maybe another tank, such as Malphite or Shen banned. Sure, you occasionally get someone who bans a weird champ and you know their last game they got stomped by that champ but hey.

2) Most teams I play with never, ever buy wards at any point in the game. If they do, it's usually because they got ganked while laning and they buy one for that. SOMEtimes, someone other than me buys a ward for dragon or baron but really, it's just rare all around. The good news is of the stealth characters, Twitch got nerfed pretty severely and eve gets banned most of the time.

3) Opposite problem. 2 guys on the team will go 0-9 and they are always the ones that refuse to surrender. Worse yet, the other team is also inexperienced so they won't push into defended towers, even when they have the clear advantage. For me, every game takes 50 minutes, even when it's a 4v5, we have half the kills and half the towers went down in the first 15 min. I WISH people would surrender faster so I don't have to spend 30 min watching them defend the inner base towers while the enemy slowly outpaces them by controlling jungle, lanes, dragon and baron.

Tokinatoor

01-13-2011

yeah ive seen a lot of 50 min games at that Elo but most seem to be over at about 17 minutes....
Once I had an MF on my team that decided to buy every pair of boots at about the 7 or 9 minute mark....