Help me ! Swain or Vladimir ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gandiesel

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephrael View Post
Swain is pretty frickin awesome, but I don't see anyone showing pros and cons:

Pros of Swain:

Very tanky caster
Epic midgame if you can get your farm on
the bane of all melee fighters
a spell that makes ANY damage swain gives increase by 20% (this includes thornmail, ignite, etc.)
great early game harasser due to awesome passive. Last hitting creeps along with ur ult can give you infinite laning

cons of Swain:
gets eaten against a heavy AP/ ranged team due to having lower range with spell casts
very slow snare (though rewarding if you land it)
kind of falls to the background in the late game

Pros of Vlad:
MOAR HEALTH!!!
basically by building AP you can get straight up health. With items like zhonyas hourglass and abyssal scepter you can get MR and Armor as well
Great early game harasser, his q spell allows him to stay in lane for a long time
Has a really strong late game, allowing you to maintain a presence for longer
Doesn't require mana (uses health for skills)

Cons of vlad:
if the enemy team gets bloodrazors, or kog maw is on the enemy team, you lose.
not the best early game. While he can harass, anyone with longer range than him will eat him for breakfast. Ex: Morgana, Swain (if they're competent harassers)
kind of slow
People will cry OP everytime you get a kill.
While you can avoid stuns etc, a slow will quickly end your existence.
a few abilities take a % of your remaining health, this can be risk in a teamfight.

As you can see, both have decent pros and cons, its just all who you want to play. I hope this helped you decide a little better.
Kog or ignite

Le Misérable

01-13-2011

Thanks for the infos I'll make it Swain !

Accerso

01-13-2011

Vlad is very strong right now

but Swain may be getting a buff soon

Tree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Good choice

Veztai

01-13-2011

The biggest pro you get from choosing Swain is that every time you kill someone you get to say:
"An enemy has been Swain!"
in all chat and listen to both yours and their team groaning from the awesome pun, ^_^

Hellrain

01-13-2011

Played a ranked game and had Vlad v Swain in the top solo lane the other day. Swain came out above in most situations just barely, he's more flexible and his ult gives you consistant hp drain where as Vlads Q is a bursty heal on a low cooldown.

I think where Swain wins is his flexibility and viability even with few items, his W is amazing for getting your team kills and saving people. You WILL get focus'd as Swain and people will die because of it. Vlad is similar and his Ult gives your team a nice damage boost but I find unless your carrying fairly hard as Vlad or on a mediocre game manage to farm well before mid/lategame your not at your full effectiveness. Swain is a good duo lane partner also.

One more thing, if Vlad gets silence or stunned he will have alot of trouble, Swain can keep his ult up even when CC'd and sometimes its a saving grace.

Nephrael

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veztai View Post
The biggest pro you get from choosing Swain is that every time you kill someone you get to say:
"An enemy has been Swain!"
in all chat and listen to both yours and their team groaning from the awesome pun, ^_^
I always say "my bird is hungry" after a kill, it generally annoys them enough But I'll remember that one for next time!!

Chugggernaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

I like vlad, low cds and decent damage, also not having to deal with mana is really nice.

Erebos

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The360 View Post
Playing swain will teach you a lot more than playing vlad.

Since swain doesn't have a panic button like vlad (trololol pool), he forces you to be much more aware of your enemies.

Also, swain is a lot more fun. With vlad it's just Q->Q->Q->Q->Q->Oh Sht Pool. Swain requires timing and good judgement.
And how often did you played Vlad to know that? Dont know much more chars that require more feeling for timing then Vlad (and yes, i played all chars of LoL, do you?).

Ppl never played him, and think its so easy to do and time that escapes. Or just played him in some games while he was free to play and got lucky escapes against some noobs.

Also your HP will not thank you, if you dont know the opponents Cooldowns and wanna land some Q.

Wanna see you suck on the field of justice, while i will get you ever after a sucky use of pool

But im sure the mainstream is right.. in your world.

I also played Swain, and hes atm on the same lvl, if not easier to play. But both are funny to play, and got nearly the same function. Just Vlad = better escape, Swain = harder CC (but you can also use that for your escape if you are good, so Swain got more pros). I just like the Crimson reaper more then that dude with his bird and a stick, thats all (also i love to play Chars wich everybody hates, if they arent OP, so from time to time, Shaco, Olaf, Kass, Vlad and so on, got my mains, ever the one ppl hates the most, without any real reason).

Thats my opinion, and i just can talk for me.

All these ignorant people will downvote me, so whatever.

Feedamere

01-13-2011

To be honest, I find Swain very boring with his mediocre damage DoTs and an underpowered snare(it should take less time for it to claw people). Vlad is lame to use at first but you get the hang of him after 2-3 games and after that he's quite easy but you still have to be careful from 1-9. Vlad's much better imo, but I don't think he's very viable for ranked play, he's just a pubstomper.