Help me ! Swain or Vladimir ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sulfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

I love Swain. Played him twice, dominated both games 15-3-9 & 11-5-11. Definitely buying him next. I own Malzahar and he is pretty similar. I'll carry myself from the low 1100's with Malz and Swain.

CakeandBacon

01-13-2011

Swain. Because Vlad is a jerk.

Not OP. Just obnoxious to fight.

Swain is balanced, and also very cool. And a badass.

Le Misérable

01-13-2011

I just played a game against Vlad in mid and I totaly ****ed him up by level 3 with W,E,Q +ignite. It felt good

Yeah I think I'll go with Swain ... he gets no love and I see him in like 5% of the games I play (before this week rotation, of course).

And I believe Vlad will get nerfed pretty soon with all the complaining going on ... and his ''bad reputation'' doesn't really make me wanna play him.

Mergar

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeandBacon View Post
Swain. Because Vlad is a jerk.

Not OP. Just obnoxious to fight.

Swain is balanced, and also very cool. And a badass.
^
I
I
this

Tinara

01-13-2011

Swain. Swain is fun to play and Vlad is more than likely to get some nerfs or some kit changes in the future with the mass QQ about him.

Xenos One

01-13-2011

if you want to get better at the game, get swain...

if you just wanna faceroll to freedom get Vlad.

trollolo1

01-13-2011

vlad is more versatile, and has a better escape mechanism, that being said, swain has better hard CC, and can last longer in teamfights due to his Ult

Nephrael

01-13-2011

Swain is pretty frickin awesome, but I don't see anyone showing pros and cons:

Pros of Swain:

Very tanky caster
Epic midgame if you can get your farm on
the bane of all melee fighters
a spell that makes ANY damage swain gives increase by 20% (this includes thornmail, ignite, etc.)
great early game harasser due to awesome passive. Last hitting creeps along with ur ult can give you infinite laning

cons of Swain:
gets eaten against a heavy AP/ ranged team due to having lower range with spell casts
very slow snare (though rewarding if you land it)
kind of falls to the background in the late game

Pros of Vlad:
MOAR HEALTH!!!
basically by building AP you can get straight up health. With items like zhonyas hourglass and abyssal scepter you can get MR and Armor as well
Great early game harasser, his q spell allows him to stay in lane for a long time
Has a really strong late game, allowing you to maintain a presence for longer
Doesn't require mana (uses health for skills)

Cons of vlad:
if the enemy team gets bloodrazors, or kog maw is on the enemy team, you lose.
not the best early game. While he can harass, anyone with longer range than him will eat him for breakfast. Ex: Morgana, Swain (if they're competent harassers)
kind of slow
People will cry OP everytime you get a kill.
While you can avoid stuns etc, a slow will quickly end your existence.
a few abilities take a % of your remaining health, this can be risk in a teamfight.

As you can see, both have decent pros and cons, its just all who you want to play. I hope this helped you decide a little better.

Gandiesel

01-13-2011

They are pretty similar role wise. Swain is more fun imo because of his ult. Vlad has a spammablr heal as opposed to a click onr and isn't a free kill when he's oom (he's always oom ).

Both dominate their lanes as tanky casters and have incredible staying power in lane.

Id try swain first but I find his ewq combo in lane quite satisfying. Imo get either get a friend to get the other; both get wotas and lol during team fights.

Edit: redundancy

KungfuWaffles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Playing swain will teach you a lot more than playing vlad.

Since swain doesn't have a panic button like vlad (trololol pool), he forces you to be much more aware of your enemies.

Also, swain is a lot more fun. With vlad it's just Q->Q->Q->Q->Q->Oh Sht Pool. Swain requires timing and good judgement.