Purple team disadvantage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trailgazer

Senior Member

01-13-2011

So I saw they had a suggestion to flip the camera angle for purple team so that the HUD is not in the way.

This to me would be weird, but very VERY convenient. I can honestly say that hundreds of people have escaped my abilities because dragging skill shots to the character icons or anything on the HUD causes the direction of the ability to go opposite of where you want it. I have this problem most with Shen, Olaf, and Galio, who all have a similar line-based ability.

I think that having the option to at least hide the team champions icons on the left, and also to hide the "abilities" bar would help purple team and retreating blue team members out significantly. I think almost everyone uses hotkeys these days anyways, and if you don't then you could just keep it open.

I dunno, just an idea, because reversing the side of the mini-map, or anything else for that matter, would throw a lot of people off for quite some time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salganos

Senior Member

01-15-2011

If the HUD was a bit more translucent in some spots and accidentally clicking on it didn't make me fire my cleavers out of my ass, I'd be happy with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellcat5

Member

01-15-2011

Did you know you can press Y to remove the camera lock? then you can move the view around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salganos

Senior Member

01-16-2011

I did. Cleavers firing out of my ass is still an issue when aiming downwards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarneyCalhoun613

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2011

I play with my camera unlocked but that second of you moving your mouse down to get your target in view can be vital when playing any character with skillshots or stuns. Why not just have the river be the perfect center straight from top to bottom on the minimap? Twisted Treeline is a more fun and balanced map imho.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormseeker442

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailgazer View Post
So I saw they had a suggestion to flip the camera angle for purple team so that the HUD is not in the way.

This to me would be weird, but very VERY convenient. I can honestly say that hundreds of people have escaped my abilities because dragging skill shots to the character icons or anything on the HUD causes the direction of the ability to go opposite of where you want it. I have this problem most with Shen, Olaf, and Galio, who all have a similar line-based ability.

I think that having the option to at least hide the team champions icons on the left, and also to hide the "abilities" bar would help purple team and retreating blue team members out significantly. I think almost everyone uses hotkeys these days anyways, and if you don't then you could just keep it open.

I dunno, just an idea, because reversing the side of the mini-map, or anything else for that matter, would throw a lot of people off for quite some time.
This was a big problem in HoN when the map would be on the bottom left and when u clicked to back then it would click the map right where there enemy nexus was, causing you to go back and die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat5 View Post
Did you know you can press Y to remove the camera lock? then you can move the view around.
As I said in the other thread, Yes this can solve the problem, but it is still a disadvantage to purple, giving all purple players something else to constantly manage. To hit a far or fleeing target on purple, you have to to drag to the edge of the screen, THEN hit your ability, THEN go back to the target and click whereas the other player can just hit the ability and fire it immediately, because they can see you even if you're out of range and run at you. And if you need to flee you have to do the same in the opposite direction or relock your camera and the other player doesn't have to. And heaven help you if you want to pause momentarily to fire a CC over your shoulder at your pursuer to aid your escape.

And as I said in the other thread, making this suggestion is counterproductive and condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salganos View Post
I did. Cleavers firing out of my ass is still an issue when aiming downwards.
Anyone who's played COD knows better than to fire from the hips.I'm sorry I just had to