Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kayle - Who thinks she should just be ranged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maestro Kenteko

01-13-2011

Personally, I think she's fine with how she is in terms of use ability to turn ranged on. Maybe give her passive AD/AP while the E is off cooldown, much like Wuju style, then lower the cooldown of it so that it can overlap itself (meaning that at rank 5, the duration is say 10 seconds and the cooldown is 7-8 with 40% CDR). That would best simulate perma ranged while giving her a reason to not use it. As it stands, she really gets hurt bad when the ability drops off and she closes to melee regardless of what's going on. A toggle would really just exaggerate her mana problems a bit more, too, as she has no real method of regaining mana outside of items.

Biraru

01-13-2011

I suggested an idea before and I will suggest it again: Instead of being either a toggle of a temporary buff, make Righteous Fury a single attack with low cooldown. Basically, people want Righteous Fury to be a toggle so they could hit once with it. They want to hit a minion once to last-hit it, or they want to hit the enemy once or twice for harass. If it WAS a single long-range hit, doing for example, 150% of her AD along with magic splash damage, Kayle could do the only thing she is bad at. Farming. This single-attack would be best designed if it actually used her attack speed for the swing. I am thinking of a 3 seconds cooldown or so.

However, I was pointed out that this would change her play style considerably, and make her micro-intensive. I understand that perfectly. It may be that I just like Ezreal's or Urgot's play style too much: twitchy and rewarding.

Forum Poster

01-13-2011

How about, Kayle is fine the way she is. Is Elementz mad he got denied some early game last hits because she's melee, or something?

Lot of people have to deal with being melee. Most of them aren't even the support character. AND, at least Kayle HAS the option to hit E.

Why are we giving Kayle special attention? Because some guy with a familiar name plays her?

RahanAkero

01-13-2011

Quote:
Rocketball:

Not to mention that make Riot's nerf to Kayle make sense: recently, they made Red Buff behave on her as if Kayle was ranged, which means it does less. Such a nerf for an already UP champ is uncalled for.

I believe it also applies to Youmuu's Ghostblade. Essentially, she's a melee character that can't even get the full benefit for melee classes. I would think that if they're going to class her as "ranged", they might as well go whole-hog and actually MAKE her ranged.

Yellow Jester

01-13-2011

Who ever uses kayle's melee attacks?

The skill has like a 14 second duration, and after it's over it's only on cooldown for like 3 seconds with good CDR. In those 3 seconds lull, I usually cast a Q and a heal.

Enemy Crabgot

01-13-2011

I think they should make her fully ranged, or make her actually have a reason to get into melee range (through a melee skill set or something)

Tyson Azura

Recruiter

01-13-2011

I Agree Elementz. While your Teir lists always make me rage I fully support Ranged Kayle.

Kajax

01-13-2011

This thread is unoriginal, just post in the other thread. You know, the one with a Riot post in it that says let's make Kayle ranged.

Trein

01-13-2011

Elementz post, must troll MUST TROLL!!!!!!!!!!! TRUNDLE SMASH!

Mylios

01-13-2011

I agree with this ONLY because her attacks are classified as range.

That means that they don't proc the effects of some items or some have a reduced effect.

So yeah...or at least a toggle