Jungle Rammus rune priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SNSDet

01-13-2011

Hey all, so I'm sitting on 3400 ip or something like that, and I'm debating whether or not to buy a new hero or buy runes for a jungling rammus. Here's a little bit of background:

I have tried jungling rammus with just 0-21-9 masteries, NO runes, and it was horrible. After getting blue buff and red buff, my health would be so small that I would always be forced to bluepill back and regen.

So my question to all you veteran jungle rammus players out there, which runes should I buy first to make jungling a lot less harder? Also, would 3400 IP be enough to start a jungling rammus? or should I wait till I have enough IP to buy all the runes THEN start jungling with rammus?

Thanks!

Krikt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Jungling Rammus usually consists of:
Magic Pen (410 * 9 = 3690) /Armor (205 * 9 = 1845) Marks:
Most of Rammus's jungling abilities comes from his ability to press W. Q occassionally, and R if you really want that enemy's blue buff. All of these deal magic damage. Armor is a cheaper option and allows him to take less damage.
Armor (205*9=1845) Seals:
You take a lot of damage without your W up so this really helps a lot.
CDR (820*9=7380)/MR (205*9=1845) Glyphs:
I just completed a full rune set for CDR and it took forever. I find it really useful to keep DBC up as much as possible. Also, becomes amazing in team fights to CC your opponents more. If you want to go the cheap route, I find MR per level to be more useful for Rammus because he wants to stack more armor than MR.
Health (2050*3=6150) Quints
You should have these. Period.

As a priority, the armor seals are essential. Also, I don't see any success without the health quints. By the time you finish your route, you are already around half health.

Zim4o3

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDet View Post
So my question to all you veteran jungle rammus players out there, which runes should I buy first to make jungling a lot less harder? Also, would 3400 IP be enough to start a jungling rammus? or should I wait till I have enough IP to buy all the runes THEN start jungling with rammus?

Thanks!

0/21/9, none on dodge because you want the monsters to hit you and get the returned damage. I take ghost and smite for jungling (you can take flash if you wish to)

Marks:
1. Flat Armor (is what I go for) x 9
2. Armor penetration (helps you jungle slightly faster and viable for late game with Atma's for abit of dps) x 9

Seals:
Flat Armor x 9

Glyphs
1. Mana Regen/level (is what I go for)
2. Cooldown reduction
3. Magic resist/level

Take flat HP quins.

As long as you have these flat armor seals first (it's important for most junglers), you can pretty much jungle anyway with a cloth armor and 5 red pots.

If the enemy team has their own jungler, grab a ward so you might want to smite-steal them.

TinyPirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Word is stuff procs regardless of dodge.

Modevasion

01-18-2011

wait to see rammus nerf.

Also, blue pilling back isn't all that bad. Most important thing is to make the full run.

AND I'm pretty sure if you dodge, your shield still does damage. Dodge is usually the best jungle defense rune you can get.

hungryhippos1

01-18-2011

Runes:

Marks: Flat Armor
Seals: Flat Armor
Glyphs: ManaReg/lvl
Quints: Flat HP

I buy a Cloth Armor and 4 pots

If you start blue, get your closest lane person to hit it once or twice

Vrykonik

02-14-2013

Why would you take mana regen for rammus? I've never ran out of mana with him in all the games I've ever played. Just seem like a waste.

Theungry

02-14-2013

Dude, that post is over a year old...