[Suggestion] A Great Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zPorky

01-12-2011

This has probably been said before, but it hasn't been done so it needs to be said again.

Problem

I find it really annoying that Blue Team moves up while Purple Team moves down. It actually creates a noticeable disadvantage because the HUD controls and information are on the bottom so you aren't able to see as much of the screen if you're Purple Team and have to head down. Heading down feels unnatural and gives you a visual disadvantage forcing you to unlock your camera.

Solution

Have both the map and mini map always flipped. So whether you are Blue Team or Purple Team you are always advancing up giving you optimal vision and clearance. The enemy team will always appear to be heading down, but on their screen they will be heading up just like you are. Bottom, top and middle will still be the same and it wont negatively affect game play.

Get it done. I hate being Purple Team, it's bloody annoying.

ColPaint

01-15-2011

The way you are suggesting it sounds like it is out of the game engine's capabilities.
(Under Solution) Physically flipping the map is the sentence that implies this, but then, I think you were trying to say the following:

"Simply rotating the mini-map and camera angle would make it all easier."

I could see that being EASY to implement. Also, give the option for anyone to change their camera angle (and mini-map accordingly) to fit their preference would be another plus.

zPorky

01-15-2011

Yes, the map itself doesn't need to be "flipped", the camera so to speak just needs to be reoriented to the players desire. The server which is syncing all of the game instances to one master game shouldn't have a problem with this because moving/clicking somewhere on the map/terrain should register as the same point regardless of the camera's position.

I purposely tried to stay away from being too technically specific in my original post because I'd just end up over stepping my bounds as I'm not a programmer and would rather leave it up to the developers to iron out the details. But as far as I can tell, this should be totally doable and seriously needs to get done.

I appreciate the comment none the less. Oh and after looking around the forum a bit, it seems like there are quite a few people that are aware of this and already pushing for it. So I'm crossing my fingers that some moderator notices this and passes it on as a suggestion to a dev.

datthirdlegdoe

01-18-2011

but then purple team would win every game .... we all know that purple caster minions are OP

Tenji Chronos

01-18-2011

there was actually a game in wc3 that did that you went up no matter which side you was on. i dont remember the game but it was an aos just like dota and lol.

Dunzoes

01-18-2011

Agreed. We've been asking for some simple changes since beta, stop pumping out "decent" champions every two weeks and start fixing some of the major flaws in the game. The sad part is I don't see it happening when every new champion gets purchased with RP's by nearly half the community. Boycott new champs, lets have some new maps, and some simple fixes, like map rotation, personalized health/mana/energy bars for seeing impaired, etc. Basically they wont make the game more fun to play until they stop making insane amounts of profit off of 3 days worth of working on a champions skin abilities and balance issues.

Trash Talk

01-24-2011

When a player is on blue, but running back to their base to fight champs or approach a team fight in the direction of the blue base, are they at a disadvantage? Should the whole map circle around the character so there is no up or down? It's random to decide who is on what team, it's a part of the game.