Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Take away all chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dawncaster

01-08-2010

Lets face it, if there is ONE thing i learned from WoW its that Online gamers are generaly bad people. Id suggest taking away cross team chat so no communication can be used unless someone is on your team.

Xylarax

01-08-2010

So, you favor taking away something nice just because SOME people are ******s?

I like allchat, it improves the enjoyment of the game for me to tell my opponent that was a f-ing nice move they pulled on me. Or when they have some guy being a r-tard i can reassure his teammates he is the worst player on their team. I know when i have a guy on my team being all "this support character im playing with is useless, im the only good thing on this team" and the other team fires back with, no you are wrong it increases my enjoyment of the LoL experience.

It also feels really good when you get congratulated on a nice move yourself. Don't rip it cause of a few bad eggs.

Timmy the Spork

01-08-2010

yeah, i like all chat. i make a point to compliment my opponents when they pulled off a good move.

i just got out of a game that had some pleasant lighthearted banter going across all chat. it's not often this happens, but i'd miss it if all chat went away.

and besides, when i solo queue, i usually get more irrelevant ****flinging from my teammates than from my opponents. removing all chat would not solve the problem of "generally bad people."

Phenie

01-08-2010

Edit: misread a bit, the topic was ' Take away all chat (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=492548#post492548)', so I assumed it was team chat as well.

Even so, I disagree, there have been times speaking to opponents that I've had a good laugh.

Hubbz

01-08-2010

Man - /all chat is a lot of fun. It'd be playing a silent poker game.
Trust me - even mute poker players talk trash and it is AWESOME.

Synxxx

01-08-2010

Quote:
Timmy the Spork:
yeah, i like all chat. i make a point to compliment my opponents when they pulled off a good move.

i just got out of a game that had some pleasant lighthearted banter going across all chat. it's not often this happens, but i'd miss it if all chat went away.

and besides, when i solo queue, i usually get more irrelevant ****flinging from my teammates than from my opponents.
removing all chat would not solve the problem of "generally bad people."

Yeah, seriously. 2 minutes of this spam is always fun.

MechaKitten

01-08-2010

They don't need to take away chat, Riot needs to implement a way to mute or ignore specific people, like WC3 had (except DotA broke that feature). I'd love to be able to mute some of these idiots, but chat itself - even other team chat - has value.

Xanord

01-08-2010

nearly positive /ignore playerName works in game as a single match silence function.