25 minutes of gut wrenching agony

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RagnatheBloodedg

01-12-2011

Hello to all who read this, thank you for joining me on my potential crusade to end all 25 minute surrenders because of leaving.

It happens hundreds of times a day, in the form of queue dodging, rage quitting, even the occasional "Oh **** I'm late! Baiguyz!" The most utterly horrible consequence of this is the people, left abandoned on the fields of justice. 5 stand united, 4 falls apart, 3 get a pentakill, 2, 2 just sits at base and wonders when the karth ult, ashe arrow, or raging trynd will end their misery.

The devastation left by the leaver, is one that tells a test of time, a test of wills that would drive all but the most valiant warriors insane. It is not merely another health bar you must destroy, but also another set of skills that will turn the tide against you. Few things are more painful than that 25 minute mark surrender, when that one person, if they had just stayed, or had managed their time more efficiently, would have made the game much more enjoyable, much more worth the effort than simply surviving till the clock strikes 25 and four votes are cast unanimously. More humbling, is the 4 man, 3 man, and 2 man team, that simply gives up, not caring, not wanting, only waiting for the end.

Even more humiliating to these valiant people, are the 5 man teams that suddenly decide to prolong the game, to destroy everything at such a rate as to force them into team fights where winning relies on locking down one character and killing them in 2 seconds before being butchered by the others. Yes, a 4v5 can be one, but only select champion can decide that, only a few may turn that tide, and even then, only if left alone.

Therefore I propose this as a solution to the leavers, rage quitters, and thingamajigs we call Bob. Firstly, before joining solo queue or group queue. Examine whether it is a ranked, or normal match. If it's ranked and you do not have the time, apologize and withdraw, if it is solo queue, don't join at all, skip dodging the queue because you didn't join a game for five minutes. Secondly, ask yourself how angry you are at the last game you played. Still fuming? **** off then, not worth the effort, go play something els,e watch a funny video, SMILE,, anything but join a game which will be a waste because the Zilean tower dived a full health chogath. Thirdly, examine your time, do you have an hour to spare? yes games generally last 25 minutes, but not always, so please take your time and be constructive before you must leave. Lastly, if you are going to afk, tell people, and tell them why, if you have to then say #1 or #2, and if you have to do either you shouldn't have joined anyways.

Leavers are the plague of LoL, they destroy the very fabric of the game and turn people into trash talking morons who claim they would have won with that 5th person on the team. Yeah, you can solo anyone on the other team, but not all 5 so stop that. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to play Mass Effect since I just wasted 25 minutes 20 minutes before I decided to write this.

Make proposals on how to improve the ban system, my idea, complicated as it is, is to penalize IP and EXP after 2 leaves, if new protocols on leaves are made, previous leaves are erased to get a better sense of the effectiveness of the system, and this penalty would last 10 games, or 3 days. This penalty is for the rage quitter, the hardcore gamer that is the best at everything, and the worst at being civil. While 10 games are easily cleared in 2 days, the idea of not gaining ANYTHING at lower levels should turn some people towards the light of completing matches. And for all you uninstall morons, L2P, it's a team game and the community should make you uninstall just for suggesting that one persons bad day should kick them out. It's not an exclusive game nerds, it's FREE2PLAY!!!!

Leave comments and suggestions below, if you didn't like it I'm sorry, I'm speaking my mind. If this seems like I copied somebodies work, then I'm amazed, since if someone else wrote something similar, why aren't more people listening to them? Thumbs up if you like the idea of stricter penalties on leavers, if not, then you are a leaver, and should be penalized for that.

KalastRaven

01-12-2011

The cycle of life and death continues

xXPerfeXionXx

01-12-2011

How long did it take you from typing all that. You know what never mind i dont even want to know.

RagnatheBloodedg

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalastRaven View Post
The cycle of life and death continues
Nasus, nice, this tells me nothing unless you are merely stating with a character quote that leavers will exist no matter the penalty. The idea of a penalty system is to reduce the number of leavers/queue dodgers.

RagnatheBloodedg

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPerfeXionXx View Post
How long did it take you from typing all that. You know what never mind i dont even want to know.
If you didn't want to know why even bother typing anything at all? Seems like you wasted more time than I did. Also, 5 minutes.