Tanky Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyrxil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Sivir is all about Ricochet in team fights. It's not your job to solo melt the tank's health. Your job is to have 300+ AD and have all your attacks bounce between the entire enemy team. Madreds doesn't work on bounces, and neither does Crit, which is why Bloodthirsters works best.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoth View Post
I almost never get to the manamune.. I'll try it if I get that far.

As for clarity being useless, I use it all the time in the lane phase: IE I throw BB every time it's off cooldown and leave ricochet on. I still have mana problems, but I don't lose the laning phase, so for me personally, it's a worthy trade-off.

The madreds.. you sure? Getting 2.4 att speed against a tank when you use it melts him so fast.
Here's a little comparison a did a while back between Madreds and Blood Thirster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatius Maxim View Post
Yes, but for the cost of 3800 you could have bought a Blood Thirster and had some change left over. That's an additional 100+78+61+48+38=325 damage. In comparison, if we assume a 4,000 HP tank, Madreds adds 30+24+19+15+11=99 damage + 160 magic damage = 259 damage, AND unlike the AD for which you have Armor Penetration, you have no Magic Penetration. Toss in 600 gold worth of damage into the mix (the difference in cost) and the difference is even bigger.

Besides, the Tank isn't your target, the squishies behind him are.

Lollama

01-16-2011

Hmm, I may have a tiny mana problem once in a while. Just a question, what do you guys think of Tiamat on Sivir? It gives the HP and MP regeneration I need for early game laning, a nice bit of attack damage and some splash. I know what you are thinking: "Screw that splash, you got Ricochet, bs item" Well, mana regen hp regen but you will also be able to farm MORE. Since Ricochet will usually be level 3 or 2 by the time I get TIamat, and add that on to it and the 2 together you will most likely get the whole wave. I usually Max out Spell Shield first so I can use it as much as I can to block spells, and that is how I almost NEVER have mana problems. Tell me what you think! I bet this is gonna get multiple thumbs downs.

EDIT: Aha! I knew it!

Subdue

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollama View Post
Hmm, I may have a tiny mana problem once in a while. Just a question, what do you guys think of Tiamat on Sivir? It gives the HP and MP regeneration I need for early game laning, a nice bit of attack damage and some splash. I know what you are thinking: "Screw that splash, you got Ricochet, bs item" Well, mana regen hp regen but you will also be able to farm MORE. Since Ricochet will usually be level 3 or 2 by the time I get TIamat, and add that on to it and the 2 together you will most likely get the whole wave. I usually Max out Spell Shield first so I can use it as much as I can to block spells, and that is how I almost NEVER have mana problems. Tell me what you think! I bet this is gonna get multiple thumbs downs.
First of all maxing out spell shield first is silly. One point in it will last most of the early game. As for Tiamats, it only procs off of the first attack. The bounces do not proc the effect. In other words, it sucks. Spend that money on a B.F. Sword -> Blood Thirster.

RoflTroll

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLight2143 View Post
Why do you need Banshee's Veil? With extreme pro skills, you can block spells with just Spell Shield

However, why are you tanking with Ghost/Ignite/Teleport? Wouldn't a tank want something like Exhaust/Heal/Fortify?

Oh wait, is this a semi-tank (like tough)?
Because when the enemy team focus fire you, 1 Spellshield is not going to be enough.

When I'm going for tanky Sivir, I personally like to get a BFSword on me first then starts on Warmog. It will keep your damage high enough that in team fight you're not useless.

Lollama

01-16-2011

Yeah, Tiamat on Sivir sucks. I was wondering about the AD and the mana regen, the cheapness and the tiny bit of splash (Since I dont upgrade ricochet until quite a while...)

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollama View Post
Hey listen here, ******. I DID make a mistake, but this IS TANKY. Trinity, how about the boomerand blade, or your ultimate or spell shield? Boots of swiftness are not that needed, since I find the speed to be enough. Early game blocking spells with spell shield is fine, why? I don't use my Q every possible second to waste 1000 mana in 3 seconds! Heez. Case closed, this build sucks. Does it? Try it before you comment ffs
i lol'd