League Champions being Recruited

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

01-13-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post
I hate to be the troll, but the idea of lore in a game like this is laughable to me. I read and love fantasy, but this is like trying to get wrapped up in the lore of Mega Man. Battle arena is way too far removed from any semblence of realism.

I'm probably just a stick in the mud.
On the other hand, I'm SO into the fact that Mega Man and Proto Man are brothers. <3

US xNidhogg

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Which begs the question of... did he also protest to being taken away, just like Lux? Is he angry with his family? And why didn't he go back to see his sister?
Find out all that and more in the upcoming movie "The Might Of Demacia, Tales Of The Past"

SethCypher

01-13-2011

Quote:
I hate to be the troll, but the idea of lore in a game like this is laughable to me. I read and love fantasy, but this is like trying to get wrapped up in the lore of Mega Man. Battle arena is way too far removed from any semblence of realism.

I did mention I was writing a fan fiction piece that tied heavily into city states, and when you write fan fictions you really do want to get your facts straight.

Oh and thanks for the answer Karrie, that helped clear up alot of issues on my end.

Nwol

01-13-2011

Oh it's very possible to get wrapped up in that lore. Google a band called The Protomen. So awesome. : p. Enough blatent advertising! Thanks for the clear up.

ArlanKels

01-13-2011

Quote:

Hit me with your mega man lore question.
I shall dazzle you.
:|

Sarusta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-13-2011

Quote:

I agree. It's extremely far removed, having lore for a MOBA game is really odd and wonky, and will be really hard to base it around.

Which makes it bloody amazing that Riot has managed to construct a fully functional realm, characterizing champions and summoners alike, creating a level of depth and immersion that I have never seen in a game of this style before. In what other game can one boast about literally deciding the fate of a nation?

Riot has done an incredible job with the lore, depth, and immersion of this game, and despite the quite adverse situation you have described, managed to pull it off almost seamlessly.

Vuther

01-13-2011

Quote:
Champions are generally free to come and go as they please (except when summoned for a match). They don't have to stay at the Institute.

In the case of Garen, the idea was that he was drafted into the military when he was younger. Being boarded at the military, coming up as one of their premiere officers and being sent off on special missions, joining the League, and generally just serving the needs of Demacia kept him busy.

Which begs the question of... did he also protest to being taken away, just like Lux? Is he angry with his family? And why didn't he go back to see his sister?
Foreshadowing: Earlier implemented champions' League Judgements!

Can't wait.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-14-2011

Added to our mini FAQ

Arrlaari

01-14-2011

Quote:
On the other hand, I'm SO into the fact that Mega Man and Proto Man are brothers. <3
I mean **** Mega Man has hella backstory.

There be fanfiction. Fanfiction rock bands. Fanfiction rock opera bands.

Bas Celik

01-14-2011

Quote:

I'm sorry, but personally I thought Megaman had great lore, starting from simple Robots to androids with full control over their actions, their fight for independence, the evils of war, the reconciliation with humans, finally achieving peace after near genocide...

I mean, call me a sucker but when I saw Zero sacrifice his own life to save the lives of humans who never cared about him, only for that point to become the pivot of which came actual peace, I was touched.