Need some help Anivia vs. Banshee's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixalmaris

01-08-2010

Has someone a few hints what Anivia can do when the enemy has Bansees Veil?

Someone with an active Veil can walk through her ult without getting frozen (and I am not sure if it even does damage). It also does not remove the Veil.

That means that in order to do double damage with Frostbite, you have to pretty much use all your available spells. Your skillshot to remove the Veil, your ult to freeze your enemy and then Frostbite.

Thats imo pretty unfair for Anivia as she relies on getting spell combos which is pretty hard when the enemy has the Veil.

Also, in one game our Veigar player complained that people could simply walk through his Event Horizon without becoming stunned. Can this also be attributed to the Veil? Does the Veil really make you immune to AOE effects and does not even trigger on them?

HowlingKommando

01-08-2010

I'm not entirely sure about Veil and AoE effects in general, though I believe you are still slowed concerning Anivia's Ult even though it doesn't remove the shield.

As for countering Veil, the shield has a 30 second cooldown, so generally just trying to remove it with kiting of some sort before the real fight is a good idea. Ashe is really good at this with her Volley and Anivia has decent range with Frostbite.

Also note concerning Anivia specifically that she's more a disable character than a damage character. Her damage is great early-mid game, but normally isn't the focus late game because her Ult has low damage and her basic abilities aren't sufficient to scale against the MR+ HP of enemies.

Ixalmaris

01-08-2010

I just tried to test it, but its really hard to find people in this game which are willing to help. The only one I got was a total noob who couldn't play and didn't listen to the chat and thus didn't help even though it was a practice game specifically to test this.

I will maybe try again later but currently I am fed up.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-08-2010

I typically do one of the following:

* If they're close, burn a frostbite since it has such a low CD.
* If they're far, use a Flash Frost. Remember, that Flash Frost has 2 parts to hit with, so if the pass-over/snare portion hits, and you detonate it on target, the Veil eats the snare and the character still gets damaged and stunned afterwards.
* Wait for Ashe/etc to plink once.

Timmy the Spork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

the general counter to Banshee's Veil is use the spell with the lowest cool down and use that spell to pop the veil. Veigar's Baleful Strike, Annie's Disintegarte, Anivia's Frostbite (assuming close range), etc.

if you're communicating with your team, find out who has the spell that does the least damage. often, this will be multi-target spell. Heimerdinger's Hextech Microrockets, Katarina's Bouncing Blade, Ashe's Volley and Master Yi's Alpha strike are all good for removing the veil, leaving the target Veil-free for Anivia to charge in.