Music Should Be Better

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MastermindINTJ

01-11-2011

I heard that Riot is hiring 100 people as of December 2010, but under "musicians" no one is getting hired. I think that League of Legends should have better music. I'm not going to say any specific suggestion, but I think that it should be a much larger part of the game, and much more dramatic. Right now it sounds too soft and monotonous. I also heard that you can't turn down the music anymore. I think you should always give the player the option to lower or turn off the music without lowering the regular sounds too. However, if the music was really good, more people would listen to the game music. The game is such a perfect game except for this...please consider new music Riot

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

01-12-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastermindINTJ View Post
I also heard that you can't turn down the music anymore. I think you should always give the player the option to lower or turn off the music without lowering the regular sounds too.
Not sure where you heard this, but it is not true. You can still control the volume of the music in-game independent of the SFX and VO. If you are have problems doing so, please let us know.

Aemicus

01-13-2011

The music on the login screen is great. Maybe you should have that play during games, but modifying it a little?

Okhrana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Disagree. LoL music provides perfect atmosphere. If it were any more dramatic it draw attention away from the central gameplay, and soundtracks aren't supposed to be in-your-face anyway.

My 2c