Ridiculously Low Creep Score With Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CopyPasteMezzYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2011

In addition to hanging out in lane after successful gank, go clear minion waves during down periods. Whenever you see a minion wave at one of your turrets, head over there, ult and pb back to where your needed. (Sometimes you can really do this, but when its available, clearing lanes can be great gold and xp for Rammus)

Claricorp

01-11-2011

telling low health teamates to go B more often and then taking over the lane is a great way to farm up some extra gold and experience if your coordinated enough, its generally easy enough to get where you want to go.

NickPham

01-11-2011

Powerball in the bush, come out after its halfway done, profit.

Seriously tho, a huge part of makin money with rammus is being liberal with your ult. Pretty low cd, awesome minion clearing capability.

Captain Shin

01-12-2011

I average at least 100+ Minion kills with Rammus, Running 9/0/21 masteries, with Shurelia and Abysal as my first items, suncape being a distant third. I push DFC to level 2 after maxing out Puncturing taunt, then max powerball after, getting levels in Tremors w/e possible.
I really, really like to troll revive on Rammus, but seriously, Port + Ghost is the way to go on him if you're laning [as far as laners come, he's pretty overwhelming when it comes to jungler gank synergy/resillience].
In terms of playstyle - If you are pinballing, and not farming, then IMO, you're not pinballing hard enough. For example - if you see a wave halfway between the top two turrets, and no one pushing it, with a staring contest happening mid, ping your team to lay low for a bit, powerball top, mop up and powerball back.
There are three broad farming tactics with Rammus which don't involve a cape rush, all of which, IMO, go through building CD and sizeable mana regen [which a 9/0/21 + Shurelia nets you very handily]
1 - There's a large minion wave, and the nearest enemy turret is gone, and nothing is really going to happen anytime soon, and your carries are otherwise occupied. Powerball there, and tremor melt it.
2 - There's a large wave there, and the enemy team looks like they want to push/dive some other lane. Powerball to where the minions are, and use DFC/Powerball to farm stuff [more on that in a bit], while keeping an eye on where the fight is likely to happen. Save your ulti, and warn your team to be defensive. If the other team forces a clash, teleport and raise some hell or, if it's on CD, ghost and raise some hell [which should get you anywhere on the map a few seconds later than porting would]. Just save shurelia for when you get there so you can kick start your team into and out of the fight.
3 - Your team wants to push this or that lane, and their team is getting ready to defend. Tell them to poke for a while, and wait for you to initiate. Ball to an underfended lane, DFC/Ball to farm the minions, and once you are at the turret, pop ulti, positioning yourself behind the turret to farm incoming minions with tremor [also gives you earlier warning if something is approaching]. Once tremor runs out, ball back to wherever the push was and engage, because at this stage, someone should be heading to defend the other turret. By the time the teamfight is over, your ulti will have CDed for the turret kill, or, even better, nuking the next lane turret.

Using DFC/Ball to farm.
Two situations
1. Minions are locked in a brutal "minion eats minion" dog fight. Walk on top of the enemy minions [i.e. your character model is overlapping most of them], then powerball, then DFC. Some of them should start autoattacking you, so attack those that aren't. Keep an eye on the powerball CD timer, cancel DFC when it's up and ball again.
2. Minions aren't engaged yet - head up the lane, pop DFC when you see them, and once the HP of melee minions drop low enough, cancel, power ball, and then auto everything that's left.
It's never a good idea to be farming more than two waves past the "normal" laning phase anyway, so once you've mopped that lane, ball to the next hotzone [dragon, baron, teamfight, push mid, counter gank, etc, etc].

P/S: Abysal and shurelia on Rammus? Lololololnoob - what's your KDR? average <3 to >10? Lolololololnoob - what's your win rate? Since I started using this build? 80% ish.
P/S2: Shurelia - This is roughly how Rammus can bring himself to par with Shen when it comes to saving people [i.e. shen buffs his target, THEN disables them with taunt, but rammy doesn't really have a buffing tool, and aegis isn't really going to cut it]. Powerball to get there, taunt to disable, and shurelia to give them that MS boost that will put them out of casting range.
P/S3: Abysal - Rammus has epic ratios on Tremors [i.e ratio spread over the amount of tremors] and Powerball, such that, vs Minions, Abysall is pretty much the equivalent of having an extra level in these abilities. Vs champions, it does even more than that, because it lowers magic resist, giving rammus a boost over every level allocated on three of his abilities [i.e. the mitigation done by magic resist to the ability power damage gain is mitigated by the overall gain in damage from the magic resist down aura, for those who like crazy maths], and will cause sunfire to hurt that much more, once you have it.
P/S4: Use ghost to move? Lolololololnoob - Being Rammus, you can afford to ghost for mobility, especially to protect/take down priority targets [like turrets/dragon/buffs/baron], or to get to a teamfight [which, as we all know, is important]

Admiralkiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Defensive ball curl and thorn mail are great for taking out waves of creeps. Especially if you take them on alone(without your own creeps), Allowing you to keep your ult. Obviously you need to learn to last hit better as well, sometimes using 'q' to last hit 2 or 3 at a time. When you see massive creep waves pushing alone (late game) ask your teammates to leave them for you. Ult, defensive ball bam you clean up and gain massive gold. By the looks of your items you need this gold from the creeps and it would go a long way to helping you improve your game. Consider buying Money making items early and having the point in masteries for 1 gold gain per 10...Tho this may conflict with your strategy.....just an idea to look at

iSygg

01-12-2011

He is very bad at farming, that's why you jungle with him it's would be more odd if you ever ended with more than 80 creep score in an average length game.

GraveyardShift

01-12-2011

urbad

Captain Shin

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sygg cutt throat View Post
He is very bad at farming, that's why you jungle with him it's would be more odd if you ever ended with more than 80 creep score in an average length game.
I'd have said the same thing back when i first tried rammus but...

Eppa

01-12-2011

You have about 90 cs which isn't bad...