Need some TF help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

01-11-2011

Hello! I've been playing TF for about a week now, but I'm still trying to get the hang of him, and need advice on my build.

As I'm level 10, haven't bothered with runes yet, and have been focusing on the offensive tree.
Running with teleport and ghost as summoner spells(insane map presence). Skill order going R > E > W > Q

I start out with vamp scepter + health pot, take mid, and start.

- Berserker Greaves (unless there's a ton of cc)
- Sword of the Divine
- Guinsoo's Rageblade
- Bloodthirster
- Banshee's / Phantom Dancer, depending on enemy team

This is about as far as I've gotten with any of my builds so far before the game ends. Not a fan of going pure AP, as I won't be able to do nearly as much damage to towers, which would suck. Because towers win games.

And, any pro-TF tips would be awesome

Thanks in advance,
-GL

Its Billy Mays

01-11-2011

I like to get cleanse. It lets me keep on fighting in team fights and is useful in getting away. I run Cleanse/Teleport incase I need to back door or something. I like to rush SotD and get my boots at some point when making it. After that I like to build merc treads or boots of quickness. I don't bother with berzerker's. I find that I have plenty of AS from my passive and items. The rest is situational. If they have a lot of armor I'll build a LW or a Black Cleaver. I usually build Bloodthirster after my boots though. Infinity Edge is nice as well.

I like DPS TF and haven't tried AP yet. Something fun to do with Teleport is to ulti back to base if you're low on HP then teleport back into a team fight.

A Retarded Clown

01-11-2011

AP tf is pretty **** good should give him a try. Many a guide on Leaguecraft,

but core is

sheen

sorc

nashors

banksys

lich (from sheen)

thats it.

Then get some rylais/abyssal/zhonya;s

It took me abt 3 months to get the hang of tf.

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAstaraelx View Post
I like to get cleanse. It lets me keep on fighting in team fights and is useful in getting away. I run Cleanse/Teleport incase I need to back door or something. I like to rush SotD and get my boots at some point when making it. After that I like to build merc treads or boots of quickness. I don't bother with berzerker's. I find that I have plenty of AS from my passive and items. The rest is situational. If they have a lot of armor I'll build a LW or a Black Cleaver. I usually build Bloodthirster after my boots though. Infinity Edge is nice as well.

I like DPS TF and haven't tried AP yet. Something fun to do with Teleport is to ulti back to base if you're low on HP then teleport back into a team fight.
I'll keep cleanse and different boots in mind, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
AP tf is pretty **** good should give him a try. Many a guide on Leaguecraft,

but core is

sheen

sorc

nashors

banksys

lich (from sheen)

thats it.

Then get some rylais/abyssal/zhonya;s
I get that AP champs in general can rip through enemy teams, but all four AP TF's I've seen claims they're good and ends up somewhere around 3/14/2 by the 25 minute mark. Mind you, TF alone has been a champ I rarely see, and I can tell he's not easy to learn.

I just dislike pure AP because TF has so much tower pushing potential with AD, I prefer to leave the AP to the Ryze's and Veigar's. I might try it out in a practice, but I don't see me leaning towards it otherwise :P

GrapePowa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

TF is obviously a ninja.

I usually use ghost and teleport. ghost for a chase down or to get away and teleport to help defend towers or sniper our towers.

With ghost you can usually chase down or get away from anyone. because you, TF, has the lowest cool down on stun/slow in game. a well timed stun/slow can ensure a win in a team game as well.

teleport with your own ulti skill with recall gives you awesome map control. usually during end game, i would use the ulti or teleport to snipe out a tower then recall back, same can be used for assassinating someone.

to start off i use vamp to keep you in the lane longer and allows you to be more aggressive. in early game try to use the red card as it does more damage than stun does and will keep them at bay, and use stun when they are close to death or slow then chase them down. and use the blue card whenever you can to get some mana back.

after hitting level 6 with 1k gold or so i would recall back get battle greaves or boots depending on the other team. check the map for possible gank or helping a teammate stay alive, if cant do it go back to your lane and keep farming and try to setup a possibly gank/kill for your team. i usually like atk spd becuz i like to be agressive and take down someone or the tower first.

i usually keep going for atk spd and crit during late game and it isnt until late game that i go for damage aka bloodthirster. if you want get the frostmallet, not really needed though.

in end game the map is your backyard literally. obviously you go around sniping players or buildings down, and you can initiate a team fight but you have to run away really fast, where ghost comes in, and then come back to clean up.

also if your team is getting pressued at the front door, teleport into their base kill a building teleport back that might make them retreat to buy enough time for your teammates respawn.

A Retarded Clown

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100011101001100 View Post
I'll keep cleanse and different boots in mind, thanks

I get that AP champs in general can rip through enemy teams, but all four AP TF's I've seen claims they're good and ends up somewhere around 3/14/2 by the 25 minute mark. Mind you, TF alone has been a champ I rarely see, and I can tell he's not easy to learn.

I just dislike pure AP because TF has so much tower pushing potential with AD, I prefer to leave the AP to the Ryze's and Veigar's. I might try it out in a practice, but I don't see me leaning towards it otherwise :P
I make sure to get nashor's on AP tf and manage and lich bane procs once u get it mean you;ll actually be pushing harder than AD tf much earlier into the game. By late game with around 600-700 AP (ty banksys) you should find it easy to kill towers in a matter of 2-3 combos (your maxed cdr makes this cool down very **** small).

Most ppl who say their good tf because they play him AP...are going to suck. He's about knowing the champ.

I can also say that almost every AD tf I've seen has fed hard....playing an ad tf in a competetive game (ranked is hardly thus, esp thx to summoner spells and free champs) is very hard...I myself used to feed.

Ofc now, I go AD tf if it suits the team as well, do just fine because I play him like I do my AP, but learning tf becomes better when U go AP.

Ryze and Veigar don't have spells that can cast anywhere near as frequently as your's, nor do they have the map control or teleport capablities.

Clairvoyance + flash really good on tf, map awareness is key (if you didn't expect/anticipate a gank and it happens, and flash happens to be down, you're dead)

Isenator

Recruiter

01-12-2011

Depends on team setup..

If I plan to do AD TF, I do Exhaust/Flash most of the time.. but if we lack mobility, I'll get Teleport/Flash to make sure I can help defend turrets in need of it.

Runewise with the AD build, I go 11/0/19 or 9/0/21

Personally I start with..

Items:

Dagger + HP Potions>Boots>Recurve Bow>SotD>Dagger>Zerk>

From here, usually I get beserker followed an Infinity Edge.. Finish Ghostblade then I go Black Cleaver or Madred, and followed by that I get a Blood Thirster.. sometimes earlier I'll grab a vampiric scepter just to have that life leech.. personally I stay away from last whisper for 2 reasons.. I find that TF's E and the magic dmg from sword of the divine are more efficient, along with madred's effect rips tanks apart in my experience.. SotD gives 30 armor pen with the active Ghostblade also gives armor pen, so you should have more than enough to still do damage. I hardly ever actually finish an item build because games don't last very long in normal.. I haven't started ranked gaming yet.

I dont often play AP TF, but when I do, I usually build him with Teleport and Flash.. I go 9/0/21 with masteries, getting the spell penetration.

Items:

dagger + hp potion>boots 1>recurve>SotD>Sorc Shoes>Sheen>Nashor>The new 155 AP item that I'm brainfarting the name on>Lich

Last item is usually subject to who's on their team.. if it's heavy casters, I'll grab a banshee.. often get hextech as my last item though.

davetu

01-12-2011

for killing tanks:

madred's bloodrazor + SotD + malady. insane attack speed and MR decrease.

Everspace

01-12-2011

AP TF can poke like a boss and clear waves almost better than Sivir late game (And switching lanes like crazy). Since PaC hits towers you can wallup them late game quite well.

I'm actually starting to debate whether or not my standard build of:

Nashors
Sorc
Litchbane

is really decent anymore. With the CDR boots, masteries, and the E passive I should be hitting 40% quite easily. Will have to theory craft >_>