Renekton will have a soul eating resource system

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaizeruenis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokull View Post
well it probably wont be his passive, but it will still rule. hey zileas, any chance nasus will be remade to also use souls, since that was his original concept waaaay back in the day?
i think renekton should have this feature instead but..putting nevermore in game..

with a little tweak would balance out nevermore since dota scale =/= LoL scale

but soul steal perhaps maybe = stat stealing like murloc nightcrawler perhaps?

Aircross

01-11-2011

Veigar already turns souls into AP.

The Tale Teller

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizeruenis View Post
i think renekton should have this feature instead but..putting nevermore in game..

with a little tweak would balance out nevermore since dota scale =/= LoL scale

but soul steal perhaps maybe = stat stealing like murloc nightcrawler perhaps?
Here's an idea...

Every time he kills a champ he takes their passive until he kills another champ at which point he takes the new one.

It would be interesting...I don't know if it'd be any good...I think if that was his passive he'd just home in on anivia faster than you can say "Renekton mia"

goosse

01-11-2011

is he going to have something similar to warriors rage from wow?

RF Komos

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tale Teller View Post
No. Just don't even bother.

It works but...well, it takes all the fun out of it, the whole great thing about being an evil genius is the ability to stick to scientific related evil plots, by "eating souls" you're pretty much saying "Hey guys, I'm just flippin' genres here, and thought you might like to join me."

And then, before you know it, you have paladin spiders and super soldiers from space trying to freeze you in carbonate with their stun sticks while they ride on cyber pony's from cloudville... And don't even get me started on the ninjas....

So when I say don't do it, I swear to GOD I mean it.

Also, practically, when taking over the world, eating everyone's soul generally leaves you with not that much to rule over...
Brb reporting you to the Justice League. You've obviously thought this through too much.

got321321

01-11-2011

maybe a gold bar, because i herd egyptian were rich in the past

kavremBORAS

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoo View Post
I hope you know that HON's Soulstealer is a copy paste hero from DOTA's Nevermore^^

mistermoo

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavremBORAS View Post
I hope you know that HON's Soulstealer is a copy paste hero from DOTA's Nevermore^^
I did not, as I have not played DotA. I know now, though, thanks.

My point was that soul-eating mechanics can work in moba games, as Veigar's Q, Nasus' Q, and Cho'Gath's R are pretty darn close to it anyways.

Opiyel Guabiran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Na. No soul eating. We've tried it in the past, it never works.

Soul eating/soul accumulation is a valid motivation to try to take over the world/be an evil genius, however.

Just a question and a statement:

1. Why wouldn't this work?

2. What if the champion has mana as a resource, but s/he used souls as a tertiary source to give their skills more oomph. For example

Passive: Last hitting a minion/creature gives Renekton 1 soul to a max of X. Taking a soul heals Renekton for X/X/X amount.

Q: This spell does damage. For every soul you have, it does extra damage

W: This spell blocks damage. Or whatever. For ever soul you have, it blocks more.

E: This spell speeds Renekton up. For every soul you have, it speeds up more.

R. Does damage or a steroid move and expends souls to do extra damage or make the steroid more powerful.

That is just a basic, boring example. I'm sure you guys can think of something better. What do you think though as an idea?

Forumz

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Na. No soul eating. We've tried it in the past, it never works.

Soul eating/soul accumulation is a valid motivation to try to take over the world/be an evil genius, however.
but you guys are okay with snowball items........................... wow way to directly contradict your game no wonder its ****.