Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton will have a soul eating resource system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wallace Knoop

01-11-2011

You really think Riot would do something innovative? Not with their new "no idiot left behind" philosophy.

jokull

01-11-2011

well it probably wont be his passive, but it will still rule. hey zileas, any chance nasus will be remade to also use souls, since that was his original concept waaaay back in the day?

Greas3

01-11-2011

Quote:
AnAnarchist:
Given that Renekton is fairly obviously melee and is "the Eater of Souls" I think it's a fair conclusion that his passive will be some sort of soul steal from minions upon killing them / being near to their death. These souls will then be the units for his resource system.

He'll likely also have a cleave ability and a transform on R.

It's a long shot but perhaps he'll have some ability which meshes with the river given that he is a crocodile.

Meshes with the river... Really dude? Considering that they are about to release a new main map that follows a lava theme...

Dammit Bobbay git' back in the house.

The Tale Teller

01-11-2011

Quote:
Zileas:

Soul eating/soul accumulation is a valid motivation to try to take over the world/be an evil genius, however.

No. Just don't even bother.

It works but...well, it takes all the fun out of it, the whole great thing about being an evil genius is the ability to stick to scientific related evil plots, by "eating souls" you're pretty much saying "Hey guys, I'm just flippin' genres here, and thought you might like to join me."

And then, before you know it, you have paladin spiders and super soldiers from space trying to freeze you in carbonate with their stun sticks while they ride on cyber pony's from cloudville... And don't even get me started on the ninjas....

So when I say don't do it, I swear to GOD I mean it.

Also, practically, when taking over the world, eating everyone's soul generally leaves you with not that much to rule over...

AnAnarchist

01-11-2011

Quote:
Greas3:
Meshes with the river... Really dude? Considering that they are about to release a new main map that follows a lava theme...

Dammit Bobbay git' back in the house.

Yeah thats the flaw with that theory :P

However I'm pretty sure Ezreal mentioned some sort of river related ability a long time ago. Also I wouldn't be that surprised if there was some sort of lava river in the new map.

mistermoo

01-11-2011

Quote:
Zileas:
Na. No soul eating. We've tried it in the past, it never works.

Soul eating/soul accumulation is a valid motivation to try to take over the world/be an evil genius, however.

http://honwiki.net/wiki/Soulstealer

The Tale Teller

01-11-2011

Quote:
mistermoo:

By referencing HoN you lose all credibility.

Sorry.

Anomandar

01-11-2011

Quote:
mistermoo:

I hope he is nothing like Soulstealer from HoN. That dude is a super pain in the butt.

Anomandar

01-11-2011

Quote:
The Tale Teller:
By referencing HoN you lose all credibility.

Sorry.

I think he referenced HoN because they have a champion that "eats souls" DERP...

The Tale Teller

01-11-2011

Quote:
Anomandar:
I think he referenced HoN because they have a champion that "eats souls" DERP...

Still, 'twas a HoN reference.

And thus, loses all credibility.