Guinsoo is working on Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
How have you come to that conclusion? Because Fiora would actually have to press more then one button? It's an empower ult atm, if you are complaining about using basic abilities, that's not because of your ping.
Because I've ever played Cassiopeia. Having <1 sec cd on all your abilities is an advantage to those that have low ping.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacquesTactique

Junior Member

04-05-2014

Can you please get that offtopic argument on private messaging?

Maybe with reworking Fiora we should consider reworking crowd control compositions. Right now there are counter items against poke, nuke and so on. But LoL lacks hard CC items (like active to stun) and full-CC teams counter (except olaf and morgana). Hard CC team have no disadvantages making champions without it pretty weak. I'm just thinking about summoner spell or item, that would work if you are overkilled with CC, like after 1 sec of being crowd controlled, you gain immune for another 1 second.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alexmf2

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquesTactique View Post
Can you please get that offtopic argument on private messaging?

Maybe with reworking Fiora we should consider reworking crowd control compositions. Right now there are counter items against poke, nuke and so on. But LoL lacks hard CC items (like active to stun) and full-CC teams counter (except olaf and morgana). Hard CC team have no disadvantages making champions without it pretty weak. I'm just thinking about summoner spell or item, that would work if you are overkilled with CC, like after 1 sec of being crowd controlled, you gain immune for another 1 second.
With the damage Fiora deals, she would be OP with cc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

STKuja

Senior Member

04-05-2014

So glad Guinsoo is working on Fiora. Ill be sad to see old Fiora go but I always knew it'd happen sooner or later, and I think they have the right guy working on her new version


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacquesTactique

Junior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmf2 View Post
With the damage Fiora deals, she would be OP with cc.
No, I don't want her to have CC at all. Just item/summoner spell for her to counter CC. And item for applying CC i was talking about should be support item, like Mikael's Crucible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I feel like in order to make a melee ADC (ala Yasuo) compete with those types of champions in the top lane, we'd have to make other sacrifices to her core design (e.g. putting life regeneration on her kit, I really don't like her current passive but I worry that without it she'd really struggle top lane).
When I read Guinsoo's first post I thought, "So basically they want her to be another Yasuo." And then low and behold he comes out and says it.

So basically we can expect an overloaded kit with absurd mobility, some utility, and lots of damage. Why not give this rework to Scruffy or Soulcrushed instead?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thesi

Member

04-05-2014

Guinsoo, you are my hero. You have made my day. I've played League on and off since early beta. Fiora was the reason I became addicted about a year ago. I've been fencing for roughly 10 years and I loved the idea of being able to play as a fencer in League.

I always found it a bit strange that her only real escape required her to land more attacks before running away. Fencing is all about positioning, which could be advancing or retreating. I also saw her status as a duelist at odds with her ultimate. A duel is between two people but her ult punishes her for only attacking one person.

I also wanted to ask, will she have any built in armor penetration? The rapier was created in an era of heavy armor and was specifically built to pierce through it. Is there a chance this gets worked into her passive somehow? Her current passive seems a bit weak, especially once you get a Vampiric Scepter.

I look forward to playing her!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

Senior Member

04-05-2014

This thread both excites and terrifies me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesi View Post
Guinsoo, you are my hero. You have made my day. I've played League on and off since early beta. Fiora was the reason I became addicted about a year ago. I've been fencing for roughly 10 years and I loved the idea of being able to play as a fencer in League.

I always found it a bit strange that her only real escape required her to land more attacks before running away. Fencing is all about positioning, which could be advancing or retreating. I also saw her status as a duelist at odds with her ultimate. A duel is between two people but her ult punishes her for only attacking one person.

I also wanted to ask, will she have any built in armor penetration? The rapier was created in an era of heavy armor and was specifically built to pierce through it. Is there a chance this gets worked into her passive somehow? Her current passive seems a bit weak, especially once you get a Vampiric Scepter.

I look forward to playing her!
check out the ult he posted. upon activation, it adds 50% armor pen to her attacks and spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fergalish Fanci

Senior Member

04-05-2014

wait what the ****

guinsoo is back?