Are there any twisted fate videos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandaCodeRed

01-07-2010

Hi, I just started playing twisted fate regularly. Anyways I have been solo queing and not doing to well. I can gold card everytime, but that maybe helps with getting an early gank. I also try to gold card destiny gank people with varied success, but later in the game I don't seem to do much but walk in throw a gold card then wild card and then walk out repeat. Overall I could use a lot of improvement, and I find the best way to watch really good players and sorta mimic what they do.

But,I can't find any post nerf twisted fate matches, or videos. Can someone point out a few?

hvywpnsguy

01-07-2010

I am certainly not the best TF out there but I think playing a TF mostly depends on whether your teammates can harrass enemy enough or not. If all enemies in all three lanes are at full hp most of the time because your teammate doesnt harrass often, you can't have a chance to gank successfully.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqDz...5B22&index=195

You can't get any better than this, even though it is pre-nerf.

PandaCodeRed

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Lord View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqDz...5B22&index=195

You can't get any better than this, even though it is pre-nerf.
Thanks a lot it really helped. I just have a few questions. Do you still blue card towers my sheen seems to only proc of the original PaC. Also can you do the lane control with how long gate cooldown, or should I take more ranks of gate early. I usually max it last.

gosp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCodeRed View Post
Thanks a lot it really helped. I just have a few questions. Do you still blue card towers my sheen seems to only proc of the original PaC. Also can you do the lane control with how long gate cooldown, or should I take more ranks of gate early. I usually max it last.
Lane control is not quite as great as it used to be since they greatly increased the CD, but it's best to get to team fights and gank people.
Sheen doesn't proc every one, but bluecarding towers and minions is still a decent way to damage towers (especially early game)
and wild cards doesn't destroy caster mobs in one shot until you have a lot of AP at the end of your games, so that's the other part of lane control that isn't quite what it used to be.

I usually focus on wildcards and then gate with one rank in PaC early on. Getting golem and cooldown masteries/runes will put you close enough to 40% cooldown reduction that your gate will be more likely off cooldown in case you have to switch lanes fast.

for items, philosophers stone, (shoes), rod of ages, and sheen / lichbane work for me. I haven't successfully used DPS but I've only tried it a few times.

PandaCodeRed

01-07-2010

Thanks a lot gosp, just wondering though isn't it better to gold card a tower because it stuns it? or is it still always better to go blue cards?

For runes I was going to go magic pen in blue and red, with health quints but should I go cooldown runes for blue? What do you go for yellow?

gosp

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCodeRed View Post
Thanks a lot gosp, just wondering though isn't it better to gold card a tower because it stuns it? or is it still always better to go blue cards?

For runes I was going to go magic pen in blue and red, with health quints but should I go cooldown runes for blue? What do you go for yellow?
Dodge for yellow.
Magic pen in red
Cooldowns in blue

That's my preference, but I'm far from pro.

Anyways, I'll pick blue cards until it's about to switch to red, and then chose gold. Repeat every 5 seconds. Same for taking out golems, etc.

GamBino826

01-08-2010

In my (somewhat limited) experience of playing TF (even though he's my main now), I've never really taken someone down from full HP, I find that he's best at initiating team fights and then picking off the champions with practically no HP left.

I don't think Towers get "stunned", but I'm not sure about that, because I haven't actually tried it. Blue Cards are still the fastest way to take down towers.