How's My Driving? Pilot Episode: Off Road Gankery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pawnce

01-10-2011

Hello forum people. How are you this evening? I am fine, thank you.

I'm thinking about starting up a livestream w/ commentary for the hell of it, and so I did a test run earlier today. Eventually I suppose I could start streaming ranking or something, and I guess I could do a "The Climb to the Top!!" theme since I'm just starting out (only about 20 games so far) and am currently sitting at around 1450 elo.

AVAILABLE HERE

EDIT: EPISODE 2 AVAILABLE HERE (warning: turn down sound for this one. it's a lot louder than episode 1)

EDIT 2: Pseudo Episode 2.5 Lag and Quality Test

EDIT 3: Episode 3: Runterra.com E-Resumania is available HERE

EDIT 4: Episode 4: Troll Town - Population: Game available HERE

If anyone is interested in checking it out I was wondering if people had any suggestions/complaints/whatever in ways that will make the experience more viewable (be it in terms of commentary, settings, etc. ie/ would it be better with game sounds? is the video quality acceptable? etc). Note that early adopters get the benefit on saying, "Hey! I knew that guy when he was just starting out, and now he's all famous and ****! I'm so cool and ahead of the curve!"

As for the content I'm doing a practice game on jungle Rammus, so it's a little rough by my usual standards (as in I just bought Rammus 2 days ago :P). However, I think I do a decent enough job. If anyone is looking for the very basics on how to Rammus jungle, I suppose this could serve that purpose as well (I doubt expert Rammus players will get much out of this. I know a few things were a little sketchy like forgetting to pot early on at golem, but it was a practice, so :P).

The video quality also seems to improve a little bit after the first few minutes, so don't be discouraged by the blurry screen near the beginning of the game. I'll look into how to fix that. Same with my commentary. The early bits I'm still working with a new system, but it picks up throughout the game until it eventually sets into more of a full stream of consciousness thing I'll be ideally going for in all games to come. Also, make sure to turn the livestream volume to max. I know I'm a bit quiet and will work on that later.

Finally, special thanks to Roku and TreeEskimo who I am, on some vague and barely recognizable level, emulating, albeit in a style that suits me better.

Thanks in advance for your viewing and comments.

EDIT: NSFW..? I guess? There's casual swearing, so I don't know how this NSFW **** works :P

Also the basic channel is available at http://www.livestream.com/Pawnce
EDIT: New Own3d.tv channel available HERE

Greas3

01-10-2011

I support this.

Quarkd

01-10-2011

Ghostball FTW

Pawnce

01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkd View Post
Ghostball FTW
Ah yes... that was the word I was looking for. I couldn't remember, so I was just calling it speed ball the whole time :P

Edit: NM, I called it that the first time didn't I. Wonder why I forgot so quickly :P

Pawnce

01-11-2011

I am going to pretend I have something important to say to make it not look like the shameless bump for the day before going to sleep for a little while.

Anyway, I've decided I'll probably be doing a few more test runs with practice games and whatnot over the next few days. I'll update the threads with those when they're done. Comments and suggestions would, of course, still be very much appreciated for the original as well as the the recordings to come!

Thank you and good night.

Frankaster

01-13-2011

I'm famous! lol

Video:
The 2nd episode quality is a lot better than the first one, but its get laggy sometimes (in the teamfights at the 20-30min as example).

Audio:
Nice balance between the comments and the in-game audio, you can hear clearly both.

Keep it up, good job =)

Pawnce

01-13-2011

Episode 2 is now up!

Ha ha, hey Ashe. Lets all give it up for the Ashe with the great ult arrows, folks! And thanks for the imput. I looked over the stream myself and yeah, I noticed the lagging in team fights especially... I'm not sure what's going on there, so I'll have to look into settings. However, with how choppy it was I hope people could at least understand my pain with how bad the lag was getting... :P I actually think it might have been my internet connection tonight, because the game I played after that without the stream was also really, really laggy. Oh well, I'll try again later.

BUT! You all probably have no idea what we're talking about here! So without further ado I would like to reveal Pilot Episode 2: A Tactical Withdrawl. There is a lot more commentary from the get go, and I think I've settled into a good rhythm at this point. Overall, I'm a lot more happy with how this livestream turned out.

AVAILABLE HERE

WARNING: IN THE FIRST 30 SECONDS THERE ARE TWO REALLY LOUD BEEPING NOISES, SO IF YOU WATCH THIS PLEASE TURN THE VOLUME DOWN INITIALLY DO YOU DON'T HURT YOUR EARS. I WILL FIX THIS FOR NEXT TIME

In this game I play Swain, a character who I am very unfamiliar with (though I must say I did land a number of clutch nevermore's), so you get to see me bumbling around with him while trying to deal with lag... Sounds exciting, right? :P However, you do get to listen to me go off about relevant topics such as martial arts philosophy, jungle parasites living in my arm, and the archaeology of warfare and interpersonal conflict (while neglecting to play the game properly...)!

So Mr. TreeEskimo if you are reading this, as I promised I do indeed discuss the social sciences for this next installment of livestreaming. Unfortunately there is nothing about that in the first game which is the shorter game...

King of Floors

01-13-2011

This is still in the planning stages, but the next episode will probably be brought to you by special guest commentator The King of Floors. The groundwork is still being laid, but I believe you will be floored by the awesome commentary that's in store for you all.

For a taste of what is to come check out some of my previous, as seen on TV work HERE

Pawnce

01-13-2011

Thanks King... We'll get back to working on that soon...

adomorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-13-2011

i watched it. more entertaining than most. don't do practice though. boring.

also, i call it ball tuck and ghost/flash.