tank item suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

so i wanted t olist some new item ideas that would make tanks fit their role better, by keeping their teams safe, i am not listing the stat numbers only the stats included so that they can be adjusted properly.
__________________________________________________ _________________
the first one i made trying to kill two birds with one stone, that is to make a viable upgrade for thornmail that doesnt make it a waste of space later, and an anti aoe item.

reflective plate: thornmail+negatron cloak
stats: armor, magic resist
effect: reflects 25% of all damage done to you by enemy targets back to the dealer
so basically, say fiddle and nunu both ulted, fiddle did say 1500 and nunu did the same and you were in both, you would deal 375 magic damage to both of them which CAN be mitigated by resist.

i thought up this idea because mass aoe runs rampant in this game and teams like nunu/fiddle/gang/malph/shaco just rock face, and it makes a good upgrade from thornmail.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

this second one is to helps do what they are supposed to, tank, especially good for tanks who arent neccessarily the best initiators

sigil of the martyr
giants belt+ chain mail + Negatron cloak

stats: health, armor, and magic resist

UNIQUE aura: 15%(can be changed if too OP) of all damage done to allies nearby is removed and redirected (in the damages original form magic for magic attack for attack) to you with your armor and resistances applied.
__________________________________________________ _______________________
this third one is to simultaeniously make the tank a more commanding presence in the battlefield, save allies, and possibly become more of a priority target to enemies

cursed breastplate
catalyst of the protector+ negatron cloak+ sages ring

stats: health, mana and magic resist

unique aura (negative): any enemy who stays in range of you for ten seconds(slightly larger than pulverize range) is silenced for one second.

tell me what you think

Kingkalif

01-07-2010

All of this sound good, especially because I play tanks. It's true that as a tank, the opponents, when they know how to play, don't focus on me and my 3-4k hp and 300-400 armor are quiet useless. The idea is really interesting but I prefer avoiding those new items that create unbalanced items.

For exemple, your Reflecting Plate, if it put an UNIQUE debuff on the enemies around you, it will be more fair than stacking 4x25% on the caster if 4 heroes with it are in Nunu's Ult.

The other thing is with your Sigil of the Martyr. the damages would be reduced twiced, from the original target then on you. With an item like Ageis of the Legion, the reduction stack will become too much. And what happen if 2 tank in a party want to build it?

It'll be very dangerous to input this kind of items cause this may create issue like the hold Promote Summoner Spell. An Alistar tank with those items with Soraka and Taric as support and any 2 big spalsh DPS may broke the game balance.

Anyway, I like the idea, continue with good ideas ^^

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkalif View Post
All of this sound good, especially because I play tanks. It's true that as a tank, the opponents, when they know how to play, don't focus on me and my 3-4k hp and 300-400 armor are quiet useless. The idea is really interesting but I prefer avoiding those new items that create unbalanced items.

For exemple, your Reflecting Plate, if it put an UNIQUE debuff on the enemies around you, it will be more fair than stacking 4x25% on the caster if 4 heroes with it are in Nunu's Ult.

The other thing is with your Sigil of the Martyr. the damages would be reduced twiced, from the original target then on you. With an item like Ageis of the Legion, the reduction stack will become too much. And what happen if 2 tank in a party want to build it?

It'll be very dangerous to input this kind of items cause this may create issue like the hold Promote Summoner Spell. An Alistar tank with those items with Soraka and Taric as support and any 2 big spalsh DPS may broke the game balance.

Anyway, I like the idea, continue with good ideas ^^
when i said unique aura i meant that its like frozen hearts and is only applies once. the double reduction thing was intended but againt it can only be applied once and a tank would still take some pretty hefty damage.

i guess its possible making reflecting plate unique