Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3150 IP, wanting to buy a good Gank/Support/Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-07-2010

I decided to buy Shaco, but I don't know whats more viable, AP, or DPS? I went with Toggle's AP Shaco build and it wasn't really viable for me. I only got 2-3 stacks of Mejaj's cause I didn't get many ganks early on, and I really only helped kill turrets (which I could have done better with a DPS anyway).

Whats more viable for a newbie to Shaco? DPS seems easier, and easier to gank with, but I haven't tested it out. Most of my kills came from me chasing them down and killing them with melee anyway. The jack in the boxes were a huge help for minion killing and map control, but it felt weird.

1 01

01-07-2010

Pro Tip: Play real games. Practice games get you nowhere.

Why? Practice games, even with real players, put less pressure no you to succeed than a real game. Pressure = You try your best.

Another thing: I took a look at your record; You have 22 wins at level 14. I don't know if that's because you've lost say 50 times, or because you play too much practice games. Bottom line is: Don't play practice games too much, and don't lose. If you are indeed at a win lose ratio of 22:50, then there is no hope for you.

Klazzix

01-07-2010

To the above poster, you're not really answering the OP's question.

AP Shaco is if you wanna have fun and clown around / make fools out of your opponents.

As for AD Shaco, I would advise to rush an Infinity Edge, or a Sword of the Occult (only if you think you can keep your stacks) as these items proc more with the skill Deceive but that's about it at that point. Next you'd probably want to get some attack speed and armor penetration, I would suggest Last Whisper for this one. As for survivability, you can try Guardian Angel if you're using the Occult sword, it will help you keep your stacks, and once you die, you'll have enough mana to Deceive out of trouble (unless they have wards in the area).

sdjaks

01-07-2010

AD is better for low rating games, AP is better for more competitive.

P.S. Get a sheen.

Synxxx

01-07-2010

AP with Lichbane IMO. Your 2shiv will hit like a truck, and since you're really low-tier; baiting people into JiTB rape traps will be easy, and you'll still have some massive crits from deceive.

ayanaftw

Recruiter

01-07-2010

atk is more reliable for shaco.

Ephemerality

Recruiter

01-07-2010

I play AP Shaco a lot and I have lost with him once I think. All you do is get a Phil's stone then rush a lichbane. From that point on I either get a Voidstaff depending on enemies or get 2 blasting staves for later use then you can go your own path.