move speed quints?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XrBob

Member

01-07-2010

I really like having high move speed so I bought 3 move speed quints and have the mastery for it as well totaling to 7.5% increased move speed. The extra boost at the beginning allows me to put off boots for a little and make some chases or escapes that I would've been able to otherwise.

I'd just like to know what you feel are the best characters to make use of high move speed. For reference, I currently have magic pen marks, cooldown per level glyphs, and dodge runes. I like to play malphite as my tank, and I think fiddle is my best caster, though I like to play morgana and anivia as well. I only play carry if nobody else picks them, but when I have to I'll play either corki or tristana.

I'd imagine a fast singed would be good to allow for more flings, maybe a fast cho'gath for more feasts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zekk

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Singed loves high move speeds. It's hard for me to drop the +hp quints though to get movespeed quints.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xail

Junior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
Singed loves high move speeds. It's hard for me to drop the +hp quints though to get movespeed quints.
And I feel like that's the same for all heroes, but I love the health quints for lvl 1 fights.

Twisted fate or pirate might be the best choice for ms quints, both rely on tossing a couple moves into a teamfight and then staying back while the cooldowns recharge. Especially important on AP twisted where your attack damage is a joke and mobility is the only way to stay alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

I grabbed one for everyone because that extra 9 speed helps you outrun anyone with your same base movement speed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

love my movement quints. best quints from my perspective. A lot of people prefer HP, etc. but movement has to be my favorite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramayana

Senior Member

01-07-2010

I currently use move speed quints, I like them alot. I can totally see why alot of people roll with the flat hp quints though, I will probably grab some eventually as well and use them depending what hero I use.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramayana View Post
I currently use move speed quints, I like them alot. I can totally see why alot of people roll with the flat hp quints though, I will probably grab some eventually as well and use them depending what hero I use.
mainly because lvl1 chain stun team fights are popular, and the extra hp may be better at getting you out of the pickle then movespeed. I personally think the movespeed has overall gains throughout the game, whether ur running away, or running towards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Singed
Nunu (although he doesn't need it as much after you get blood boil)
Janna
Malphite

Anything that initiates and initiates well.

Also decent on any ranged carry although not worth it to skip CC/CD quints.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramayana

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Another downside is the IP cost, 2k for move speed, as opposed to 1k for the flat hp quints. So that could definitely factor into a decision.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xail View Post
And I feel like that's the same for all heroes, but I love the health quints for lvl 1 fights.

Twisted fate or pirate might be the best choice for ms quints, both rely on tossing a couple moves into a teamfight and then staying back while the cooldowns recharge. Especially important on AP twisted where your attack damage is a joke and mobility is the only way to stay alive.
I tried them on Card and didn't think much of them. Not fast enough to really catch someone. I have stared getting boots first on him to catch people with the gold card.


12