help with warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SageMode

01-07-2010

So I have been playing warwick as my main. I have jungling down pact. Soloing until level 6, and then ganking and lane. Hopping utilizing red and blue buffs the thing is although I don't do bad my ratio is still lacking like I average a 3/1/9 all the screenshots that i see in guides show like a 19/3/10 or somthing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong I. know jungling makes me level up a tad slower that being said when attacking enemies they are generally higher level then me so I tend to be mindful of ganks I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If I were to solo as warwick in a lane I think it would be a ton of hugging since warwick has no real escape abilities. I'm just curious what other people think.

Basilisk9466

01-07-2010

What item build do you use?

Warwick is a very viable jungler, but I tend to play him in a lane. You need a good partner to do it, but Infinite Duress is a 2s stun dealing a lot of damage - perfect time for someone else to tear your helpless target to bits.

Mpalm

01-07-2010

Warwick is so.... situational. He's a great jungler and if you jungle properly your enemies should not be a higher level than you. Basically you need smite, you need to clear out the other team's jungle and you need to be doing dragon solo at ~6 until the end of the game. The boost that your team gets while you solo dragon is nothing to shake a stick at. However, good players will ward/CV dragon so you'll need to be very careful. After 6, you just want to gank the weak champions with your ultimate and pay attention to who took cleanse/heal/flash/rally. Obviously continue to jungle and push lanes/gank when the opportunity arises.

Even so, your team needs to be able to effectively solo two separate lanes. If you cannot hold lanes with 2 solo champions then things will go south very quickly.

As far as builds go, this is what I have saved... although I haven't played warwick in ages, but it should work. The boots can be interchanged with whatever you want, merc treads, ninja, etc.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Warwi...e08c7665cb4757

SageMode

01-07-2010

My Target build late game is mandreds Bloodrazor, beserkers greaves, bloodthirster, frozen mallet. situational items being malady, black cleaver, infinity edge. I use smite and ralley when jungling and exhaust and Tele when laning. Not sure what starting items. to use in a lane yet I usually get pots and boots of swiftness.

Mighty Sandwich

01-07-2010

Bloodrazor is a must on Warwick and you should be grinding to build it as soon as possible, especially when jungling since you'll going to be getting Madred's Razors anyway. When jungling I tend to go for Madred's Razors -> Zerker Greaves -> Vampiric Scepter (not have to Recall as often), then grinding Bloodrazor.

After I get Bloodrazor, the rest is situational. If I'm going to be focused and whittled I finish Malady by upgrading the Scepter I got earlier. If there are a lot of tanks, go for Black Cleaver. A lot of casters, Wit's End.