Being Effective With Tristana (Vet Trist Players)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ksielvin

01-07-2010

Don't be afraid to use Buster Shot to harass. Pretend you're the nuker and Teemo is the phys dps in that mid match-up. You want the fights/harass to happen in short bursts of abilities when it suits you. Teemo's burst potential is bad and his ult doesn't hurt you if you know where the mushrooms are. You may not be able to really dominate until lvl 6. Once you start ending the bursts with Buster Shot it deals hefty damage and puts him out of attack range, robbing him of any auto attack exhange (where you'd be Blinded) or denying free attacks while you run back to safety. Only save up the ult when you think you can very soon get an actual kill instead.

Remember to check you have enough mana for any burst you plan to pull off. If your health isn't too low, try to dump all mana and cooldowns into harass damage when teleport cooldown or other good chance to visit fountain is coming up. The early levels play a lot like AP build would continue playing throughout the game.

If you don't have Meditation 3/3, a Meki Pendant might be a good idea against Teemo. Like Ashe or Sivir might do.

Razerwind

01-07-2010

Buy Vampiric Scepter first or very soon for lifesteal to keep you up during laning phase. Then rush either Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster. After that go Phantom Dancer or Last Whisper or whichever you're missing of those. Your DPS is godly at this point. Just go into a team fight in the back, try to be unnoticed, then use Rapid Fire and someone WILL die.

MeanBean

01-07-2010

I think Basilisk hit the nail, really. Its clear he has solo'ed with Trist before.

In a solo lane you want to get explosive shot at level 1. It does 100 damage for 60 mana, pretty sure there are no more effective spells for harrassing at level one. As Basilisk said, you can afford to exchange shots, but dont engage in a shootout against teemo. What you do is spam the explosive shot on him whenever you can and hopefully get him down to about half health or so. Remember to sneak in a single autoattack on him whenever you can as well, you should outrange him. When you are level 3 or 4 and have level 2 rocket jump you should go for the kill. Just attack the creeps like you usually do and have the rocketjump ready to jump on him and immediately follow up with explosive shot and start autoattacking him. Use exhaust if you have it and it should have first blood as long as you didnt take too many autoattacks from him earlier.

Basilisk9466

01-08-2010

I've never lost solo mid with Trist, though a Fiddle and a Yi have both given me a really hard time. Teemo is the most routinely stressful.

All of those are good solo laners (Yi gets away with it thanks to Alpha). A merely average laner is screwed against her - someone like Nunu I can deny getting any last hits at all.

Although I don't play her a huge amount, she's definitely a big favourite, and it takes a lot for me to do badly with her. It makes me all the more depressed by the fact that 90% of the Tristana's I see don't seem to be very good. Might write a guide for her after I've toyed with my alternative build a little more.

Labomba

01-08-2010

I feel it's important to push Infinity Edge as soon as you can. Get your Berzerker's Greaves first and then start building towards BF Sword. The most important part about trying to build the BF sword early is that you cannot retreat to the fountain too often. Sometimes this involves hanging back, playing defensively, and getting your last-hits in. Most times solo mid bring Ashe or teemo, which can present a problem sometimes, so it's fine imo to just last hit and keep yourself from dropping in health to the point that you'd have to blue pill. Secondly, if you see a gank attempt after level 4, try for it. The extra gold from that (either kill or assist) will put you that much closer to the item. This means heading to lanes to help out. The only down side to this is if you can't get the gank, you've wasted some farming time -- so if you are bent on ganking, be sure to pick the ones that look promising. I suggest not bothering with champions who are playing by their tower unless they have just enough health that an RJ would finish them. You don't need to be taking excess tower damage as this in turn sets you up to be ganked, or harassed enough that you won't farm effectively. So, pick your ganks wisely. Solo mid also has the responsibility of protecting the mid tower, so don't be gone too long that your mid-opponent can weaken or destroy the tower.

I max explosive shot above anything else first, while taking one rank of RJ at level 1. I'll take my Ult when it is available, but the key is to increase your explosive shot so you can farm effectively. I can usually last hit 80% of any wave in my lane while keeping minions close enough to my tower that I can't be harassed aggressively. R > E > W > Q is how I build. When there's no threat of enemies, you can always RJ a wave of creeps later on to make easy use of Explo-shot.

Anyway, getting IE early sets you up for better gank and team battles later on, and it especially helps further your item build quicker.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Ashe is a joke for solo mid.