AP Ryze: Toggle the Mage!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnronTheGreat View Post
Heres a question... why dont you admit this build is comletely flawed because it doesn't take at least one rank of flux early on, severly weakening ryze's damage?

Oh thats right. Because his guides rebuild communites and cure cancer. Move along.
This right here is what I mean by some opinions are meant to be said, and some are just better kept to themselves because they start a war.
Why should I bother answering your question in a noncondencending matter when you cannot do the same for me?
This question of yours is a direct attack on my guides, and to back it up you leave a smartass answer that it cures cancer.
Heres an answer, I won't admit any of my guides are flawed because not only have I myself succeeded in using them, but so have much of the community.
And as for moving along, why don't you get a f-in life, don't you have something better to do with your time then trolling my guides? like helping the community out with questions, oh thats right, you don't like helping the community, no you like bashing on them and insulting them. nice job *****.

inept

01-14-2010

news just in

toggle gets a taste of his own medicine

doesnt like it

EnronTheGreat

01-14-2010

Please stop bumping your own threads after a few days when no one comments it... and in all sieriousness do you get paid everytime you use the word community? I think its pretty obvious the "community" thinks you should edit your guide and throw in an earlier spell flux. You do know the more spells you have to cast the quicker you can overload again right?

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

Overload into your first point is acceptable to me. Rune prison as your second is also acceptable. My major beef with this build though is you completely disregard your passive by not getting spell flux at level 3. Spell flux -> overload -> rune prison and you'll be ready to cast spell flux again after your exhaust has worn off and after doing that overload will be ready again soon after. also, by maxing rune prison so early you're actually hurting your killing power and damage output. i usually leave rune prison at 2 and proceed to max overload and flux.

lastly, spell flux has more cast range than overload so it's safer for you to use to harass and farm, not to mention the ever-so-satisfying spell flux against two laning partners hugging their tower. 6 bounces and half their hp down brings tears to my eyes, xD.

EDIT: also I just noticed the comments about not getting spell flux from other posters. you really should have a point in all three basic skills by level 4. there's no reason not to. it's ok to admit you made a mistake bro. In fact I just recently edited one of my guides after a reader posted up some numbers about mpen runes over AP runes and gave him credit and thanks for it. don't be so offended, we're all on the same side....trying to find the best build for our characters.

T0ggle

01-15-2010

@sniperness
not about admitting any mistakes, and i'm not offended, sure i'm a little irritated that inept and enronthegreat have nothing better to do then spam the forum with trolling posts of "their right and we are wrong because they know everything". The real issue is that i've heard this same thing over and over, i'm not about to change my mind on spell flux because I did really well just using overload and runeprison. Maybe if a patch buffs ryze i'll change my guide, but aside from that i'm good with how it is now.

@inept and enronthegreat
Do I even have to post something to counter what you 2 morons say, naw i'm good, Just keep posting your **** for thoughts.

AIM7Sparrow

01-15-2010

dude I'm trying to be nice but you really just don't understand what you're talking about. nobody cares if you've done well with just rune prison and overload. it's just plain stupid to not get all three skills early and if in fact you really are "doing well" it's because you're getting matched up against people who make it easy for you, not because you're good.

and it actually is about admitting mistakes. you've made a major one, and you won't admit it even after 10 people have told you otherwise. that's why people troll your guide, not because they just have innate hatred in their souls.

you need to be a little but more mature because it sounds like you indeed are getting super offended from people just trying to help out.

good luck to you.

hvywpnsguy

01-16-2010

Bad guide

Solution Nine

01-25-2010

Btw, OP has 60 leaves.

Vangu

01-26-2010

I have used this guide and I like it. Kudos

I read all the posts on people complaining. It is his guide and how he plays..are you really going to act childish because he does not play like you? I mean if he did what you all told him to do how would this guide be his? And not like every other one out there? Also take in mind of what it is..it is a guide you don't have to follow it word for word just get an idea on how to play the character and make it your own. I have not played Ryze for a long time (last time was in beta when his ult was OP) so I looked up a guide and found this one. I got the general idea on how to play ryze after the updates and I won two games.

AIM7Sparrow

01-27-2010

There really is no debate on this matter. Ryze's passive reduces cooldowns by a second each time a spell is cast. Not getting all three spells by level 4 is wrong. Sorry, if "you do well without it," or if "it's your own playstyle," it's still wrong. This guide is fundamentally flawed and new players will not learn the character properly following it. It's not as subjective as a debate on which items to get or on what order to get them. This is simple character mechanics and a passive that just SCREAMS get a point in every skill fast.

T0ggle, I know we've had our differences man and I'd like to apologize for any contempt between us but please just put your pride aside on this one issue and fix that section of your guide.