AP Ryze: Toggle the Mage!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

01-09-2010

Ya I told my buddys that used this build and that laned with me as singe to post their thoughts, they said they would and never posted anything.
Maybe they just forgot, anyhow, I don't think the skill path has the only impact on wether or not my guide is similar.

Falleth

01-09-2010

AP Ryze? Now? With 0,45 ap ratio? Lawl. CD+some mana+magic resist penetration+Hp and hope you will stay alive long enough.

PrawnWonton

01-09-2010

I didn't really like the old Ryze, but I love the new Ryze. I've tried pretty much everything imaginable with him, and I inevitably come to the following conclusion about any build:

Every time a Ryze doesn't max cooldown reduction, God kills a kitten.

No, but seriously. Max cooldown reduction, combined with his passive, means Ryze's ult is up every 15 seconds (approx. Can be less, but it is hard to find anything alive to cast on since everything on the screen is usually dead after your second ult'ed spell flux). FIFTEEN SECONDS. Too good to pass up. Plus you'll be able to combo twice during each ult.

And with previous posts, I agree that maxing overload early and ignoring spell flux completely results in gimping your damage.

Ryze's damage comes from his ult. And an ult'ed spell flux does a million times the damage of an overload. Plus, with spell flux Ryze is a farming and pushing machine.

AP is awesome on Ryze, but you WILL need to max cooldown reduction if you want to make the most out of Ryze. With runes/masteries all you need is a dirt cheap Glacial Shroud to max it anyways.

Having to rely on a good Singed as a lane partner is suspect. A good Singed makes an afk Janna look godlike.

tl;dr: Stack all the AP you want, but for the love of all that is sacred and holy, max cooldown reduction. That is all.

My 2 cents.

T0ggle

01-09-2010

I kinda miss the old ryze, he was more leaning to the assassin category, and I severly doubt spell flux does more damage then overload, Overload gains damage on mana, more mana I have the more damage its doing.

Smulert

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnWonton View Post
tl;dr: Stack all the AP you want, but for the love of all that is sacred and holy, max cooldown reduction. That is all.

My 2 cents.
cd is far from a necessity but quite useful against a team of a lot of tanks or a highly skilled dps team. if they are average or noobish just go for a good mix of mana/ap/magic pen and they'll be dead often enough for you to have ur ult ready whenever u need it

for the op: interesting concept, certainly requires a different type of gameplay. what i enjoy with ryze is doing massive damage in team fights, and to just instakill anyone you catch wandering around on his own. sometimes you catch some triple/quad kills too which just makes you feel godly and that rly can't be done without spell flux..

your build is faster tho, so maybe the "assassin" style of game play works a bit better then, could be fun to try out.

PrawnWonton

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smulert View Post
cd is far from a necessity but quite useful against a team of a lot of tanks or a highly skilled dps team. if they are average or noobish just go for a good mix of mana/ap/magic pen and they'll be dead often enough for you to have ur ult ready whenever u need it
Yes you can kill people without any cooldown reduction. Killing people is far and away the least of Ryze's issues. He does that in his sleep. My point is this: for a mere 1600 gold, you can max your cooldowns. That is dirt cheap for what you get.

With max cooldown, your ult has a lower cooldown than many heroes' normal abilities, in other words, you can use it for everything. And I do mean everything. It becomes total bread 'n butter.

You can push lanes nearly as fast as a Singed or Nasus, since it will be up for every single creep wave. You farm mad gold. Waltz through the jungle in between lane pushes and make money without even stopping.

Additionally, your ult is up for EVERY fight. Every time. PLUS, you can do a full combo twice during each ult. You have zero downtime. Absolutely none at all. You never have to worry about 'saving' it for a fight or anything, as it is always available.

Max cooldown reduction makes Ryze a much more versatile asset to any team. For the tiniest of investment, you get so much back, it really boggles the mind why anyone wouldn't bother. It honestly increases his usefulness in all situations by orders of magnitude. The 1600 you spend on Glacial Shroud is made back very quickly, plus it makes your Overload do more damage anyways. Why is this a bad thing?

Smulert

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnWonton View Post
Why is this a bad thing?
not a bad thign at all, i use it very often. just saying it's not a necessity. it all depends on what kind of fight it is, and sometimes it feels more logical to spend it all on dmg so that you can melt anyone you encounter. i don't like the idea of having fixed builds because you need to be able to adapt. with ryze's passive, cooldown is not a terrible issue anyway.

what you're saying is right m8, but it's application is not in every single match. simply put, i rather farm champions than creep

1337LoL

01-11-2010

Your guide isn't that good, spell flux is one of your strongest moves BY FAR when paired with your ult. Personally I like to get a catalyst early on for the extra health and build a rod early. Banshee>Guardian Angels as well.

T0ggle

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LoL View Post
Your guide isn't that good, spell flux is one of your strongest moves BY FAR when paired with your ult. Personally I like to get a catalyst early on for the extra health and build a rod early. Banshee>Guardian Angels as well.
You know what, I really don't care what you have to think, nor anyone else.
Obviously you haven't read the other comments, I've been told my guides suck, and i've been told they help, My guides have made people want to buy these champions and try them out. My guides have also helped many, many players understand the potention in certain champions, what items to buy and how to develop their own "Pro" build.
My guides also inspire people, as i've been told by a teemo player my jack in the box theory helped them understand how to use shrooms better.
I made this guide because I've attempted different styles of ryze and I thought i'd share my thoughts on it because the official guides list was asking for guides were needed.
Many people before you have told me spell flux is better, thats your opinion, but don't go telling me this guide sucks because according to the number of people thanking me for my guides they out number you.
I'm tired of comments like these, were in your words did you ask how to play ryze?
where in your words did you ask for help?
How about try my guide out for yourself, if you don't like it thats cool, but leave the comments to players who need help playing ryze.

And that is why I believe comments like yours are considered trolls, they don't help the community, they are just here to bash on my ideals and theorys.

I apologize if this sounded condencending, but I wish to move on with such posts and hear some questions for once.

EnronTheGreat

01-11-2010

Heres a question... why dont you admit this build is comletely flawed because it doesn't take at least one rank of flux early on, severly weakening ryze's damage?

Oh thats right. Because his guides rebuild communites and cure cancer. Move along.