Gangplank Ulti

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The2ndNight

02-09-2010

hi just one quick question. Have been playing gangplank for about 70 games and I get
magic penetration all the time... no matter how many times i tried it and no matter how long they stayed in my ulti... it just wont kill them if they are at full health. usually the best result i get from squishy ones are 80% of their total health. So the question is, is that what they intended, like some hidden mechanism which makes the cannon balls wont kill someone at full health? or am I just no lucky enough or not having more lvs than they do?

Blasian

02-09-2010

His ultimate isn't supposed to kill anyone. It almost NEVER kills someone at full HP. Gangplank is my #1 most played character, and I don't think I've ever seen it kill someone from full hp (other than a twitch trying to kill a tower).

Use it to defend towers if no one is in that lane, or pop in in group fights for the slow + extra dps. It also scatters their group because, really, no one wants to be in that circle. They'll move around and become uncoordinated. (Or use it on them when they're trying to Baron. Then laugh.)

Another more unconventional use for it is to have someone with clairvoyance on your team. Have him use it on buff mobs every once in awhile. If someone is killing it, wait until it's about 10% health, hit R, and steal the mob + potentially net a kill (some people like to stand in the barrage and try to get the buff anyways for some reason).

Fbsunny

02-09-2010

I play Gangplank a lot as well, and if I solo mid (so I have a level advantage) and just happen to get really lucky you can kill someone with it. I have even gotten a double kill against a Twitch and an Ashe both at full health and nothing else damaged them.

However generally I get kills when enemis are attacking towers and think they can just shrug off the damage (not knowing it is also killing all the nearby minions and slowing them so they get killed by the tower) or in team fights to finish someone off I just Parrrleyd 3/4 of twitch's hps, and of course the low hp champion running away.