UFO Corki Spotted!

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingmfknLarsoN

01-06-2010

It is about time that they release something besides just recolored skins. If you want the customers to buy riot points to purchase skins, they need to be awesome(think something like Terminator Singed). I love Riot and I love this game, but after seeing most of the initial skins, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I already wasted enough money on a company that recycled models for the whole lifetime of the game(World of Warcraft). Hopefully Riot realizes what a gold mine this is if they put A LOT of work into each skin and make it more than a recolor.

I have some really decent ideas for skins and I haven't put a lot of time into it, so imagine what the talent at Riot could do since it is there job and passion.

For example: Terminator Singed(could call it Cyborg Singed). Half face is missing revealing the metal and glowing red eye like the terminator. Think the end of Terminator 2 as mental picture and of course this is just a raw idea, Riot could make it so they feel it isnt a straight ripoff(although there is Hulk Mundo so i dont see the problem). Leather biker outfit, with parts stripped away and a ammo sash with poison vials in it.

Example 2: Demon Ninja Katarina or Master Yi. Green glowing demon eyes, ninja mask and complete outfit, blood drip effect off her weapons. Colors and other details could be decided by Riot.

It is really late so excuse the grammar and quick summary of each. Riot, please take my advice and watch how many more people start buying skins. You have an amazing product right now and this type of creativity could really put a lot more money in your pockets. I am prepared to spend a lot of money on BETTER skins that actually change the model, not just recolored same ole' skin.

Hopefully this is just a glimpse of what you guys will do with skins in the future.

MajorX17

01-06-2010

This makes me very, very happy that I made an account to vote for LoL. I really hope it wins, because that is an amazing skin.

Timmy the Spork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

awesome.
does this mean we might see corki in other aerial vehicles? maybe Jasta 11? an X-wing?

bad element

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

whoa!

Sir Prize

01-06-2010

While few people will agree with this at this juncture, I think that skins should just be skins. Because if characters start looking radically different in shape as well as color depending on the skin you chose, how many different appearances of characters are we going to have to remember? Once every character has at least 1-2 alternate skins, it's going to be over 100 just from the champs that we have now. It'll get very annoying when they start looking completely different than normal on top of that too, as I see nothing I could recognize as being "corki" in the middle of a game from that skin.

MiniMaster184

01-06-2010

Aaaaah, do not give everyone Corki just so they can have the skin. -.- That's completely against the point. UFO should go to people who get corki in the future or have him now. I worked hard to get my Corki and I don't think it's fair that everyone gets him just because of a new look. :/ And I know they did that in Beta, but this isn't Beta anymore people.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-06-2010

They gifted every player with Rammus+the skin, however people with the PAX TF skin must purchase still TF.

2nukun

01-07-2010

i made an account on IGN just to vote for LOL xD

2nukun

01-07-2010

are we getting corki aswell if we dont have him yet?

Judah the Lion

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster184 View Post
Aaaaah, do not give everyone Corki just so they can have the skin. -.- That's completely against the point. UFO should go to people who get corki in the future or have him now. I worked hard to get my Corki and I don't think it's fair that everyone gets him just because of a new look. :/ And I know they did that in Beta, but this isn't Beta anymore people.
Yeah, it would piss me off, unless they wanted to refund my 6k IP.

12345678 ... 13