Simple step to victory [How not to piss off the Yeti]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalos View Post
hehe - I looked over my post again and I admit I came off a bit preachy. Sorry
That's what my entire post is, no worries.

I understand where you're coming from. I had a guy playing Trynd that was like 0-5 15 minutes in. Kept getting ganked over and over when he could have easily seen it coming. I asked him to stay in the forest to catch up and play it safe and he actually did. This was not normal or expected, but it really did help.

So maybe a good way to deal with a feeder is to offer a tip that's not too commanding and see how they respond. If it's positive then slowly lead them to becoming a helpful teammate. If not, then tread carefully to avoid further feeding and yeti spouting on their part.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodguy View Post
Valid points Shalos.

Assuming you know more than your teammates is fine, but like any plan, be willing to re-evaluate. If they are willing to talk, then that's wonderful. But if someone doesn't step up then most of the time nobody will. If they want to talk strats then by all means let them and listen.

The team morale thing I was trying to get at as well.
I know I have a temper like many competitive players and I attempt for most of the game to guide bad players into a better way. Nothing is more annoying then 5 minutes in having someone talking in all chat about how the team sucks.

And yes, EvilGoodGuy/EvilGodGuy of Gorefiend Alliance.

Excessive then Cats Game.

I hope you got a new comp unholy!

What was your wow name hightimes?
I'm nobody, but I play with Honzo and Sherwood. I used to raid on Honzo's priest for kicks sometimes.

Also: this thread is a pretty good read.

evilgoodguy

01-07-2010

Oh ok, I remember both of them. Sherwood was one of about 3 other warlocks on gorefiend in the early days.

Glad it's getting some discussion going, I was worried it would just be tossed aside as a complaint thread. Which of course it somewhat is, but I'm trying to be constructive mostly.

bsdawson11

01-11-2010

Whats JB's name?