Simple step to victory [How not to piss off the Yeti]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bsdawson11

01-07-2010

haha....ya

who's this?

RandomClown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

As for the level 6 when you are level 25, not a safe assumption at all. I would say it's not even probably the case that they are better than you. It can be the case, but that level 6 could have been carried for some victories with an inflated ELO. Also, that level 6 could be the friend of another level 25 in your team, and they queued together, pulling him along into an ELO match above his actual skill. The times when he is actually better than someone so high above their level is usually if it's a smurf account (who knows, maybe this is the norm now. Level 6 is the new 30.)

Point being, it is entirely possible that some of your teammates are in over their heads and need some help. I agree you shouldn't assume you know more than your teammates, but also don't assume you know less.

Irregardless of relative skill of all players on a team, people should be talking. If someone makes what is, in my mind, a really ridiculous bad move and doesn't acknowledge it, I find it useful to point it out objectively. Whether it helps him now or in future games, it's important to the growth of a character to know what mistakes were clearly within their realm of control. We've all been there where we know we made a bad move, and I'll own up to my mistake in chat if that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalos View Post
I disagree. How about this:

Never assume you know more about the game than your teamates. They obviously were placed in your game because of similar elo. There are exceptions to this (I do not claim MM is perfect, but generally it is pretty good - I'm sorry if your experience is different), but a level 6 in your level 25 game is probably there because they are a BETTER player than you.

Learn to lead your team! A team generally will follow a solid leader(not 100%, but generally speaking). 3 of the other 4 players will follow a strong player. A tank that just tanks cannot lead. People will not follow a lump of meat. A Yi specced for pure damage cannot lead. People will not follow someone who will be dead before they have even jumped into the teamfight. Winning games is about playing your teamates even more than playing your character or the other team come into account. Play your team! Make them like you and trust you and they will follow!

Don't destroy your own team's morale! Quit feeding! Hug your tower, scrub! SHUT UP! Destroying your teamates moral does not benefit you. These comments are not constructive advice. Your teamate KNOWS he is stinking it up. Get your lazy butt over there and help him! Prove you are the better player and gank the lane and/or switch lanes. Consider every stupid and negative comment you make as a -20% reaction time debuff to your ENTIRE team - not just the person you are mouthing off to. Do you want to lose? Morale is a very real aspect of a team game.

So, when you blow up, you prove one or more of these things:

1. You don't care if you win.
2. You don't know what it takes to win.
3. You are too immature to control your anger.
4. You cannot lead.

CowFu

01-07-2010

I can't stand it when i'm playing Udyr or Kayle and the 'angry yeti' is yelling at my item build. There is trying to help a team set up ganks/avoid dying, and there's being the ******ed know-it-all that tries to coach every aspect of his team because he thinks he knows whats best for everyone.

Coaching players that don't want it makes them ignore you...its not rocket surgery, ask don't tell.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Valid points Shalos.

Assuming you know more than your teammates is fine, but like any plan, be willing to re-evaluate. If they are willing to talk, then that's wonderful. But if someone doesn't step up then most of the time nobody will. If they want to talk strats then by all means let them and listen.

The team morale thing I was trying to get at as well.
I know I have a temper like many competitive players and I attempt for most of the game to guide bad players into a better way. Nothing is more annoying then 5 minutes in having someone talking in all chat about how the team sucks.

And yes, EvilGoodGuy/EvilGodGuy of Gorefiend Alliance.

Excessive then Cats Game.

I hope you got a new comp unholy!

What was your wow name hightimes?

bsdawson11

01-07-2010

Just a **** work laptop for now. I'm still waiting to get a new pc. probably won't be til income tax time.....if I don't owe considering my salary jumped 20k

evilgoodguy

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowFu View Post
I can't stand it when i'm playing Udyr or Kayle and the 'angry yeti' is yelling at my item build. There is trying to help a team set up ganks/avoid dying, and there's being the ******ed know-it-all that tries to coach every aspect of his team because he thinks he knows whats best for everyone.

Coaching players that don't want it makes them ignore you...its not rocket surgery, ask don't tell.

That's a good point too. There is definitely a line between coaching a team to victory and attempting to micromanaging them into hating you. Item builds are something you shouldn't really comment without asking if they'd like an opinion. Often times people come into a game with an item set in mind and want to try it out.

The only time I'm guilty of asking the team for items is when we need it as a team such as Executioners vs a mundo and nasus and a team full of heals. ( I was a tank a the time ) Or something like starks/aegis when my hero isn't bes tto carry one. But again that's a please and thank you request, not a build or die command.

Tych

01-07-2010

yo, XSE 4 Life indeed, JB is playing as well unholy.

Egg is just trying to get people to be open enough to listen to some direction, I was in the game hes talking about and it was really bad, make smart choices and not refuse to listen to advice.

And like he said, if you disagree with someone who is trying to lead then speak up because if you dont then that person isnt going to know whats up.

Just my two cents...

Shalos

01-07-2010

hehe - I looked over my post again and I admit I came off a bit preachy. Sorry

I've just seen many games lost entirely because one person(on our own team) is destroying the teams morale. Feeders are annoying, but complaining about it hurts the rest of the teams performance. I've seen the change in the other person in my lane when we were performing better than our opponents.

If the teams morale remains strong, it is my experience than one feeder can be overcome (to a point, of course) The thing is - I've been that feeder. It still happens sometimes when I'm trying to bring a new champ into the fold. I'm angry at that point. Even constructive advice WILL NOT help me at that point. What it will do is lower the rest of the teams morale on top of the already existing problem. While, if left alone, I could still get my act together and contribute later. It is true, I will think about things people said after the game - and I may eventually absorb said advice, but it still won't win THIS game. Advice would be most helpful given constructively in the after game chat - or even privately.

A strong leader on the other hand, even a feeder will follow(assuming they ARE trying). I've followed and supported them to victory.

evilgoodguy

01-07-2010

For Tych's sake please play smart. He has to hear me complain on vent all night if you don't.

Tych

01-07-2010

I totally agree with that as well Shalos. We try not to go around *****ing at people and yelling at them even if they are new. There have been many games where ive seen new players not know what they are doing and we always offer them kind advice like not chasing for the kill recklessly or going out alone mid - late game if we are behind.