Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Simple step to victory [How not to piss off the Yeti]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilgoodguy

01-06-2010

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
You know who I'm talking about, that raging jerk on your team that you'll never admit is better than you.
He wasn't always that way, you started off as a team frolicking in the forest together.

Occasionally I play the role of the pissed off yeti. This is why:

People won't listen.

If someone is barking out orders, don't just ignore them.
Listen, and if you disagree tell them. (Assuming they're being reasonable)
Not saying anything back he will asume you're following his plan, and you'll both end up worse off.

In pug's the game is usually decided by each team grouping into their balls of death and then going at it.
So how do you make sure you have an edge in this situation with all this chaos going on?

Haev a leader assign targets.

Ignore the tanks and target the most dangerous dps first.

If Rammus is at 5% and a fed Twitch comes to party, KILL TWITCH.
Because if you target Rammus, he's probably just going to flash/heal/rally/get healed/kayle's ult/...
You get the idea, and then Twitch gets 5 easy kills.

So here's how to keep the yeti calm and working with the team:

Read chat.
If you don't have time because you're fighting that's fine, but you can hit z later to display anything you missed.
If you're not on voice chat, chat is all you have between you and a tank targeting noob.

Form a plan.
Before a team fight decide who the targets are, list them in order.
When you begin a team fight, alt+click or g then click on the highest priority target.
This gives your team a nice marker on who they need to be hitting.

Look out for dumb teammates and don't be the pissed of yeti.

9 times out of 10, your teammates aren't trying to lose the game, they're just having a bad game/life.
Yelling at them about their sucktitude will not help.

Constantly remind them of who they should be targeting.
Use pings, talk in chat, whatever you have to do to get your point across.

And of course if all else fails, and your eve keeps opening up on a full hp heimer with a 50% trist in the area. Let him know he's a moron and unleash the yeti.

/yeti

Borbag

01-06-2010

The Yetti knows the way.

The Real Nunu

Dustinsanity

01-07-2010

9 times outta 10, I'm the only one in my battle who actually tries to formulate a plan in my head and post it into the chat log, and I comment on things. But I rarely get any replies, or I get humored with things like "Lol Just go to your turret, Warwick." after I post "back to turret Warwick I can't take 2 tanks at once." (Me being Ammumu, against Kayle and Alistar.) At this point, Warwick's been in the jungle out of our lane for 8 mins. On the 9 minute mark, he finally runs up just as I get overwhelmed, despite my turret hugging and defensive tactics, and ults Alistar's faic off. I understand that Warwick is a jungler, but does that really mean I have to solo against 2 tanks for about the first 10 mins of the game and be expected to survive, hold down the fort, and keep all the minions down so I don't get turret-dived? I think the lack of responses is just laziness, and it usually makes me the angry yeti.

evilgoodguy

01-07-2010

Pugging Warwicks are mostly awful players.

They fail to realize that while jungling can give your team a good boost, if they leave a tank like Ammumu to solo vs 2.
It's trouble.

The best thing you can do is determine in char pick if they're going to jungle. And make sure your team knows you can not solo a lane. And if you have too many heroes that can't, you may have to switch to give yourself a chance.

Switching heroes to accommodate a bad idea is rough, but it's unlikely that they will switch.

One thing to keep in mind while pugging is that the best way to win is to pick based on what your team picks.

holySpork

01-07-2010

Quote:

One thing to keep in mind while pugging is that the best way to win is to pick based on what your team picks.

I agree with this, although it really really really sucks trying to tank for bad carries as they will not do thier job and then proceed to get mad at you for dying. The most frustrating thing about this game is trying to tank for bad players.

bsdawson11

01-07-2010

XSE 4 Life right egg?

rawr will you know who this is????

its the Unholy priest that brings the Fury!

nicosharp

01-07-2010

Nunu+Kat+Alistar+Trist+Gangplank all with veil just ruined my day.
Nunu is a beast if played smart.

Shalos

01-07-2010

I disagree. How about this:

Never assume you know more about the game than your teamates. They obviously were placed in your game because of similar elo. There are exceptions to this (I do not claim MM is perfect, but generally it is pretty good - I'm sorry if your experience is different), but a level 6 in your level 25 game is probably there because they are a BETTER player than you.

Learn to lead your team! A team generally will follow a solid leader(not 100%, but generally speaking). 3 of the other 4 players will follow a strong player. A tank that just tanks cannot lead. People will not follow a lump of meat. A Yi specced for pure damage cannot lead. People will not follow someone who will be dead before they have even jumped into the teamfight. Winning games is about playing your teamates even more than playing your character or the other team come into account. Play your team! Make them like you and trust you and they will follow!

Don't destroy your own team's morale! Quit feeding! Hug your tower, scrub! SHUT UP! Destroying your teamates moral does not benefit you. These comments are not constructive advice. Your teamate KNOWS he is stinking it up. Get your lazy butt over there and help him! Prove you are the better player and gank the lane and/or switch lanes. Consider every stupid and negative comment you make as a -20% reaction time debuff to your ENTIRE team - not just the person you are mouthing off to. Do you want to lose? Morale is a very real aspect of a team game.

So, when you blow up, you prove one or more of these things:

1. You don't care if you win.
2. You don't know what it takes to win.
3. You are too immature to control your anger.
4. You cannot lead.

hightech

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Evilgoodguy of Cats Game on Gorefiend?

hightech

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Quote:
bsdawson11:
XSE 4 Life right egg?

rawr will you know who this is????

its the Unholy priest that brings the Fury!

lol, i guess i was right!

edit: you were in cg too, right?