High Elo Fiddles Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corpsestomp

01-07-2010

I prefer to go Mejai's right away, since even with no stacks, it's 20 AP, regardless of stacks, and really cheap. Each kill just makes it better. I go sorceror's boots, then jump straight to Rylai's. 1v1, unless you have your ult, Fiddle is hard to land a kill, so the slow is really helpful mid-game and late-game for letting your friends chase. After that, Abyssal Scepter to make sure their MR is 0 or lower, then Zhonya's and an Archangel's if I can manage it.

This build is very AP intensive, something Fiddle needs(.35 dmg per AP sucks) to really cause havoc with crowstorm.

edit Doran's ring doesn't build into anything, so I don't ever use it, I always start with Amplifying Tome.

Evernight

01-07-2010

Has anyone tested Rylai's Scepter since it was changed? Does it now work with Fiddles?

Having a 15% slow during crowstorm could be a very good thing.

Ivandir

01-07-2010

I don't know how high ELO I am but usually it's my fiddles that can decide team fights and the game.

Masteries:

21/9/0
Get Nimbleness, you will need it between lvl 1-6 and later levels.

Item list:
lvl1: Amplifying Tome, Mana pot

lvl6: Amplifying Tome, Boots of Speed if you got no kills
lvl6: Mejai's Soulstealer, Boots of Speed if you got 1-2 kills.
lvl6-lvl11: Haunting Guise, Mejai's Soulstealer, Sorcerer's Shoes
lvl11-lvl16: Haunting Guise, Mejai's Soulstealer, Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Ring
lvl16-lvl18: Haunting Guise, Mejai's Soulstealer, Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Ring, Abyssal Scepter

Summoner abilities: Ghost. Flash

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

for jungle stix, it's amp tome + hp pot and smite + flash or ghost.

Corpsestomp

01-07-2010

Your build is close to the same as mine, Ivandar, except I prefer Abyssal right after Rylai's, then jump into Zhonya's. Abyssal+boots+runes+passive=little or no MR, something I prefer over straight AP.

Also, if you wanna play a little psychological warfare early on, for jungling if you pick up elixir of brilliance(the AP/CD reduction potion) you can kill golem at 1, then clear your side.

Balonar

01-07-2010

Fiddle's got such poor AP scaling that you only get 1/3 AP effectiveness for each of his abilities. He works so much better with Magic Pen, and you get a 1:1 benefit from reducing their resistances.

Personally I try to pack as much of a punch as possible when it comes to busting through an opponent's MR with the goal of reducing it as close to zero as possible.

I start with a Meki Pendant and a Health pot (if enemies are Melee Heavy) or a Mana Pot (If team's magic heavy)
I try to lane for as long as possible, usually until around 7 to try and bust out a double kill with Crowstorm.
When I head back to base or destroy an enemy tower I turn Meki in a Chalice and grab Sorcerer's Shoes.
After that I build a Void Staff.
Next it's a Bashee's Veil or Abyssal.

I've rarely had a need for anything beyond that.

Again:

Meki's -> Chalice
Sorcerer's Boots
Void Staff
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter

Notice that with this build you'll usually end up with around 170+ MR and close to 3k health, along with the Veil passive, you'll not only be a gank machine, but a decent magic tank as well.

You'll also ignore a ton of MR: 10 (passive) + ~12 (runes) + 20 (boots) + 20 (Abyssal) + 40% of remaining (Staff)

If an opponent has 100 MR, you'll be ignoring 72 of it, leaving them with only 15 MR (less than the MR you start with!) In order to get the same effectiveness from AP you'll need a whopping 255 AP!

Ivandir

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balonar View Post
Fiddle's got such poor AP scaling that you only get 1/3 AP effectiveness for each of his abilities. He works so much better with Magic Pen, and you get a 1:1 benefit from reducing their resistances.

Personally I try to pack as much of a punch as possible when it comes to busting through an opponent's MR with the goal of reducing it as close to zero as possible.

I start with a Meki Pendant and a Health pot (if enemies are Melee Heavy) or a Mana Pot (If team's magic heavy)
I try to lane for as long as possible, usually until around 7 to try and bust out a double kill with Crowstorm.
When I head back to base or destroy an enemy tower I turn Meki in a Chalice and grab Sorcerer's Shoes.
After that I build a Void Staff.
Next it's a Bashee's Veil or Abyssal.

I've rarely had a need for anything beyond that.

Again:

Meki's -> Chalice
Sorcerer's Boots
Void Staff
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter

Notice that with this build you'll usually end up with around 170+ MR and close to 3k health, along with the Veil passive, you'll not only be a gank machine, but a decent magic tank as well.

You'll also ignore a ton of MR: 10 (passive) + ~12 (runes) + 20 (boots) + 20 (Abyssal) + 40% of remaining (Staff)

If an opponent has 100 MR, you'll be ignoring 72 of it, leaving them with only 15 MR (less than the MR you start with!) In order to get the same effectiveness from AP you'll need a whopping 255 AP!
Good build but I would replace Chalice with Mejai's any day (even though it costs more). Banshee's is good if you have a Gankplank of the enemy team. Other than that you are wasting money on it since most of the time the enemy team will be wiped in 5 seconds when you Crowstorm in. As far as AP ratios go even though it's not very good on Fiddle at 350 AP you can do ~140 extra damage with your crowstorm.

Balonar

01-07-2010

While in THEORY you can Crowstorm in and wipe the enemy team, how often does it happen practically?

Banshee's shield soaks up that slow or stun that prevents you from chasing down your opponents and stops you from becoming roadkill as soon as it's down.

Yes, Crowstorm is your big damage move and getting its numbers up as high as possible means more fear in the hearts of your opponents when they hear "CAW CAW CAW", but Drain and DW are your bread-and-butter moves for kills. And they benefit most from MPen. If you rely solely on your Ult for kills you're in trouble.

HowlingKommando

01-07-2010

Faerie Charm + Rejuv Bead + Mana Pot => Haunting Guise
Boots => Sorceror's or Mercury's
Mejai's or Rylai
Abyssal Scepter
Banshee's Veil or Zhonya

Cleanse + Flash

Balonar

01-07-2010

I personally always take Exhaust as a summoner spell. The utility of the slow + blind helps with survivability, and the talented 35% MPen makes getting First Blood a breeze, and eats through high resist tanks late in the game.