High Elo Fiddles Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaranda

01-06-2010

Hey there to all you Fiddlesticks players out there! I was just looking for some high elo builds. Any advice from high elo Fiddle players?

Amaranda

01-06-2010

Anybody?

Klazzix

01-06-2010

Depends on your team.

I'm not sure what my ELO is or whatever that **** is but let me at least share my build with you.

21/9/0 Masteries

Yellow Cooldown Reduction Runes
Red Blue Violet/Beige Magic Penetration Runes

Item Build
Start: Doran's Ring + HP pot
1. Rod Of Ages
2. Sorcerer Shoes
3. Void Staff
4. Rylai's Scepter
5. Elixir of Brilliance + Fortitude / Ward Slot.
6. Sell Doran's Ring and get an item you'd need e.g Banshee's if someone is shutting you down or Zhonya's Ring for more AP.

If you need Cooldown Reduction just get the golem buff but don't expect to have it on lockdown. The elixir also provides some Reduction. So that's 25% from Golem, 10% from Elixir, 3% from Masteries, 2%~ from Runes. Total 40% Reduction (Cap).

Take Flash.

That's all.

EDIT: Improved Rally is good if you have the proper mastery for it.

Patyrn

01-07-2010

I'm high ELO, those my fiddle is relatively new. Anyway, here's my build:

I go the standard 9/0/21 with flash and ghost.

Generally my first item is doran's ring + 1 hp pot. Fiddle is squishy and I find that + 3 health quints (200 HP) makes a massive difference early and mid game. The HP pot is to make killing golem slightly less tense. You can do it without the pot, you'll just get very low at the end and be at risk of a shaco one shot.

My 2nd item is boots of mobility. I know a lot of people don't like these, but fiddles is extremely slow, and they help a lot getting to team fights and ganks early-mid game. Later on they're still great for setting up crowstorm. (ideally you want to crowstorm from over a treeline or etc and these help to get there in time).

Third item is Kage's Lucky Pick. Sooner you get this the better so it makes you a bit more gold.

If the game is going well and I feel like I can get and keep stacks, my 4th item is soulstealer. This is the cheapest way to get good AP if you can pull it off, and cheapest is best on fiddle because he's one of the worst farmers in the game.

If the game is not going well and I don't want to get a soulstealer, I get two more kage's. This gives you decent AP (~90), and helps counteract fiddles poor farming. When I get these we're generally not doing well, so kill and assist gold is not flowing either.

5th item is catalyst and then banshees veil. A no-brainer survivability item as well as helping you not get interrupted.

6th item is deathfire staff. The CDR, mana regen, AP and active are all extremely handy.

7th item is usually guardian angel because fiddle gets focused a lot, and you want to keep your soulstealer charged

RamboBatman

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
and cheapest is best on fiddle because he's one of the worst farmers in the game.
Well, thats crazy talk imo. First, Fiddle can jungle which is a great way to farm gold. Second, dark wind is a great farming spell if you decide not to jungle.

The build you suggested looks fine but, if you're making item decisions based on a theoretical lack of gold I think you're doing it wrong.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

I like to spam rod of ages you know... seems very effective

Primithras

01-07-2010

1) Sorceror's Shoes
2) Mejai's Soulstealer ( a must early on )
3) Rod Of Ages
4) Lich Bane
5) Abyssal Scepter / Rylai Scepter ( depends on casters/tanks enemy team )
6) Zhonyas Ring

h4rdcor3

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
Generally my first item is doran's ring + 1 hp pot. Fiddle is squishy and I find that + 3 health quints (200 HP) makes a massive difference early and mid game. The HP pot is to make killing golem slightly less tense. You can do it without the pot, you'll just get very low at the end and be at risk of a shaco one shot.
Health quints are 32hp each and were 38 before the nerf. I don't know where you are getting 200hp from.

My current fiddle build is set up for jungle. It gets me a catalyst and lvl 1 boots by level 5. and a good chance to gank for some extra gold. I also go for a more tanky and magic pen build than straight up Attack. at my current lvl i'm going 1/24/1 for improved smite and improved ghost.

I start with a ruby crystal to make jungle much easier. and start on the ROA from the start.
I then start working on an abyssal scepter and at anytime i can finish my sorcerers shoes i do that.
My final item in a normal build is either an aegis if no one on the team has one, or a frozen heart.
Total for the build with an aegis is 8710 and with frozen heart is 9585, both pretty attainable in a normal game length.

Edit: At OP, Please wait more than 2 hours before you bump a post

lolmouse

01-07-2010

you forgot to add in the doran's ring hardcore. adds up to 200+ =)

h4rdcor3

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmouse View Post
you forgot to add in the doran's ring hardcore. adds up to 200+ =)
Ahh... thats where it is. I was really confused there. The doran's/ruby is a tough call for me, but when i can get a catalyst that early in the game i can't turn it down.