Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So i just bought udyr...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoundTribe

01-09-2011

Quote:
Morello:
Phoenix, Turtle, Phoenix, Turtle, Bear (if your route is good, you should be double-buff ganking at 5 while bottom lane is 3). From here, you can choose to max either Tiger or Phoenix, but need to max Turtle.

Blue to wolves to wraiths to golems then b buy boots and more hp pots get red then if enemy team doesnt have jungler get their blue and gank top you should be four after red which you then put a point in bear and gank top or bot with ghost, is the correct way also you should be ganking right around the 4 min mark, also you can go just 1 point in turtle and bear and then switch between tiger and phoenix then turtle for the good dps with trinity, and sheen from tiger.

b00md34d

01-09-2011

Thanks Morello, any suggested item build? I started with cloth armor and hp pots my first game. Jungle went relatively quick. I went for wriggles first then boots and i went for Tri Force after that but the game ended soon after that. Team wasn't very good.

SoundTribe

01-09-2011

Quote:
b00md34d:
Thanks Morello, and suggested item build? I started with cloth armor and hp pots my first game. Jungle went relatively quick. I went for wriggles first then boots and i went for Tri Force after that but the game ended soon after that. Team wasn't very good.

cloth 5xhp, first trip back boots and hp pots, second trip back madreds into wriggles, then work on trinity then tank out.

Doriantv

01-09-2011

DPS Udyrs go Madred's and TriForce, but that build isn't very good.

Good Udyr players build mitigation, like Banshee's Veil and Randuin's Omen.

Feel free to get DPS items towards the end of a game.

Cliet

01-09-2011

What path do you do, Morello?

Waynolt

01-09-2011

Phoenix
Turtle
Phoenix
Bear

Seems to work awesome for me if you want to start at blue golem

Morello

Lead Designer

01-09-2011

Quote:
b00md34d:
Thanks Morello, and suggested item build? I started with cloth armor and hp pots my first game. Jungle went relatively quick. I went for wriggles first then boots and i went for Tri Force after that but the game ended soon after that. Team wasn't very good.

I don't like Trinity Force on Udyr because I see him as a tank/off-tank peel and that's not enough survivability. Wriggle's is good for jungling speed and gives nice restore in conjunction with turtle. Plus, I mean, free wards is good.

I prefer Randuin's (but that's on almost all tanky men) and either Frozen Heart or Force of Nature, depending on the enemy team comp. General tank items are successful since Phoenix and Tiger's base damages are pretty nice.

Jerobean45

01-09-2011

I jungle with attack speed reds/quints, dodge yellow, and CDR blu. (this was for phoenix, wondering if ArP reds would be better for tiger jungle)

After last patch, you can go DPS with tiger, or the traditional phoenix route. Phoenix is a little faster at the jungle, but I find tiger ganks are better.

I finish the golems, hit 4, and gank bottom lane, or mid, depending on what's a more attractive target.

If you are goign to tank at 4, I take 2 points is buff duration, because you'll need the mana.

biginthepants

01-09-2011

I suppose I play him differently than most.

Phoenix is his early game farming skill. It clears the jungle and creep waves very fast.

Bear form is easily his best skill. Speed boost + stun is what makes the ganks work. You don't come to turtle up in a gank. You come to bear maul and phoenix or tiger. Also I'd say bear is his best survivability skill. You're being ganked? Better to bear away than turtle up.

Turtle is good for team fights when you have to withstand aoe damage, turrets etc. but nobody stays in turtle. they just use it for the activation shield.

Tiger is great for single target damage, attacking structures, madreds procs. Still I usually use udyr as a bear stun machine, not a tiger stance dps'er.

tldr: udyr = bear stun everyone over and over. turtle for the shield and tiger or phoenix for some dps, but always back to bear. bear bear bear.

Arkaether

01-09-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oipjo6O4vIk