So i just bought udyr...

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sassiopeia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

I always start with Turtle, then Phoenix. I don't grab Tiger til 6 because I jungle til then, unless a gank is ready. I used to do twin golems first but now I start at Blue. You'll get used to Udyr and then you'll be able to change your path to whatever.

The Cello Pony

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biginthepants View Post
the only things that make you faster in the jungle are phoenix and tiger with madred's procs.
I'm going for early-game survival there, and having enough health to pull of ganks. By the time you get a Madred's Razor, you'll have enough health and damage to not need turtle except to restore health and mana.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-09-2011
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Feel free to look up my Udyr runepage. I play a lot of Udyr and was fortunate enough to learn from Jatt (who is one of the strongest Udyr players I've seen) and it's been very successful for me. Jungle with Pheonix instead of Tiger, though I haven't tried Tiger jungle in this patch, would need to try it out.

Your routes can vary, but getting early boots is pretty important for successful ganking. Ask your team to let you get lizard if possible - the additional slow for melee and Udyr being a good chaser will make this pay off more than giving it to your carry.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

ya i think i got it, it just takes practise. also, skilling order? i am going pheonix, turtle, turtle, bear, max turtle, max bear, max tiger.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-09-2011
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4mad View Post
ya i think i got it, it just takes practise. also, skilling order? i am going pheonix, turtle, turtle, bear, max turtle, max bear, max tiger.
Phoenix, Turtle, Phoenix, Turtle, Bear (if your route is good, you should be double-buff ganking at 5 while bottom lane is 3). From here, you can choose to max either Tiger or Phoenix, but need to max Turtle.

The Cello Pony

01-09-2011

Skill order?

I go: Turtle, Phoenix, Turtle, Bear, [Max out Turtle at this point, only putting 3 points into phoenix], [Max out bear], [Max out Tiger].

a4mad

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Phoenix, Turtle, Phoenix, Turtle, Bear (if your route is good, you should be double-buff ganking at 5 while bottom lane is 3). From here, you can choose to max either Tiger or Phoenix, but need to max Turtle.
thanks! im going to test this as soon as i can, and once again thanks for the advice!

b00md34d

01-09-2011

So R W R W E then max W..?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-09-2011
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00md34d View Post
So R W R W E then max W..?
Yeah. Basically, Phoenix and Turtle until you need to gank, then 1 point in Bear to get the job done. Optimally, this will be @ level 5, but if you're not getting it done as fast or need to gank earlier due to an extremely good opportunity, you could do a point in bear at 4.

Voidgolem

01-09-2011

I lane with him >.>

Granted, I'm on an arranged team who understands that (and occasionally has another jungler), don't do that in solo queue.

123456 ... 7