Reviews Wrap-Up for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3dfx

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
I just love how the vast majority of the user comments on Metacritic are positive.
And then you get that one dude who gives it a 1 and says "this game sucks play HoN" >.>

But, uhm, that boomtown review does worry me. Some of the points I agree with, but it seems like he knows very little about the actual game? Like... at all? And how does an 8/7/7/5 give a final score of 5?
Just one question, wtf is boomtown? Never heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtpottx View Post
“The persistent upgrade metagame, much-improved interface, and solid match-making is a significant step forwards” – 7.75 Game Informer
[no link – this is a magazine]

http://gameinformer.com/ <<<<< whats that?
Yes we all realize Game Informer has a website, would you please find the LoL review on the website? Exactly.

Poizn

01-08-2010

get twisted treeline in matchmaking and it will be much better.....deff looking forward to some 3v3 and 2v2

Sherpa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

You had great year but still people are thinking inside DotA box ((

Addfwyn

01-09-2010

Honestly, pretty fair reviews I think, even Gamespot's is pretty accurate. I do think the game maybe was a bit premature in 'retail' release, but the way the game works it's not really a traditional retail title. Since the game itself is free, the only way you can really track the retail release is when the CE became available.

I think Gamespot's is about right on though, and that it just needs more of the features that are being implemented eventually to be put in (more maps would be awesome) to be a solid game.

Two things I'd love to note:

A Mac version would be AMAZING. I hate having to reboot just to play LoL, it was actually the main reason I played HoN for a long time before LoL.

LoL has, by far, the best community for a dota-type game out there. Dota and HoN have the biggest jerks in the world playing them, LoL folks seem generally much more chill and can accept that 'it's just a game'. Which I really appreciate, and is why I quit HoN for LoL. So being able to highlight that should be a big plus.

HickstyleZ

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zd Rage View Post
seems obvious from the gamespot and boomtown review that they actually havent played the game.

gamestop makes some decent remarks about promised content and steep learning curve, but their big gripe seems to be that its not a good value and you are paying for future content.... well you dont have to buy it, you can play it for free so that pretty much negates all their arguments about value...

overall i would say this game is 8.8 or so. implementing voip and fixing it so the icons on the left accurately reflect your teammates health and level (not just when u are looking at them) would easily bump that up to a 9. i think riot has done an excellent job, and im still playing the game. they just need to poll the community and see what things they should prioritize.

also events like the showdown snowdown will help gather a base. or maybe like a half priced champions or half priced runes day (or maybe just double experience/ip weekend)

guild wars does a lot of stuff like double xp and monthly events that might be worth looking into. maybe riot could even add in little quests or achievements that would give xp/ip rewards. (like kill 10 master yi - 100 bonus xp, or get 3 aces - 200xp/200 ip, etc)

Please no... did anyone play war**** in november 2004? did anyone play ultima online from 98-2001? those were the hay days the best days of the games. I think this is that kind of time for LEAGUE, if you start giving all this stuff away easy it will be a very bad idea please dont go all cookie cutter status on us riot WE LOVE being different, and I Personally love a challenge, dont make it stupid easy. I will get every single rune in a week and be completely bored with this game at this point I'm really loving the intensity and challenges the game provides me with please dont change it!
and for godsakes dont listen to these people who want you to copy other games!!! thats not cool period.

HolyRoller

01-09-2010

Good Job Riot! Must be a dream come true for many of you! You have produced a kik butt game! That is awesome in a world of a million ****py games where every harry potter sequel comes out with a game. Kudos!

A few suggestions - for updates could you post a countdown schedule (like 4 days till update) on the main screen when we login with some bullet points - for instance if you plan on tweaking twitch for instance?

Two, big ups on the voice plans for the long term - good idea.

Three, ...I forget what three was.

Four, a map editor is required long term - we need to be able to make our own maps - really you guys don't need to make new maps - don't spend your time doing that - just make an editor and let us do it - there are way more of us!

Thanks again,
Jeremy

revolutionknitez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

LoL is definitely one of the better games out there, but the match making system needs improvement.

Sanjuaro

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
This game has been fun, and with a good community base
This part made me laugh.

Different

01-11-2010

Where to start...

1. I believe (remember its my personal opinion) that GameInformer had a spot on review.
2. I believe Adam Hall gives tools the world around hope for life after their grandmas basement...seriously the guy is so lame.
3. Love the direction that LoL is going and with the promised upcoming release and the strong support from developers in game and on the forums keeps me excited.
4. This game deserves the best reviews it got because it has the "it" factor so many games these days seem to be missing.

In closing, please keep up the honest good work on this title and you will continue to get my support and money as well as good word of mouth...which helps since I sell this game at my work...

Carbs42

01-12-2010

a reader submitted by yours truly made it onto Australian Kotaku

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/rea...ue-of-legends/