Reviews Wrap-Up for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zd Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

seems obvious from the gamespot and boomtown review that they actually havent played the game.

gamestop makes some decent remarks about promised content and steep learning curve, but their big gripe seems to be that its not a good value and you are paying for future content.... well you dont have to buy it, you can play it for free so that pretty much negates all their arguments about value...

overall i would say this game is 8.8 or so. implementing voip and fixing it so the icons on the left accurately reflect your teammates health and level (not just when u are looking at them) would easily bump that up to a 9. i think riot has done an excellent job, and im still playing the game. they just need to poll the community and see what things they should prioritize.

also events like the showdown snowdown will help gather a base. or maybe like a half priced champions or half priced runes day (or maybe just double experience/ip weekend)

guild wars does a lot of stuff like double xp and monthly events that might be worth looking into. maybe riot could even add in little quests or achievements that would give xp/ip rewards. (like kill 10 master yi - 100 bonus xp, or get 3 aces - 200xp/200 ip, etc)

Corvus Corax

01-07-2010

Good job Riot you deserve every word of the praises. I think everyone here knows that youll continue to support/improve the game so who cares about the scores given - they can only go up in time.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

GJ! keep on it! we're all going the right direction.

Deadelven

01-08-2010

i think a big point of theese reviews is that alot of the testers/reviewers somtimes dont even play the game they just look at the game and read other reviews 'n' mix em togeather to get something in on deadline, even if its not true.

Merlucic

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
I read gamespot's review, and they were correct in their criticism - but it sure as hell didn't merit a 6.0 review. I have become increasingly anti-gamespot as of late - their reviews don't match up to my thoughts much anymore.
Everything about them is complete G A R B A G E, honestly i have not seen any realistic results or review from them unless it was a copy/paste job.....dont ever think about gamespot and life would be easier i promise

Nevermor

01-08-2010

Russian magazine Igromania - 8/10

http://igromania.ru/articles/105095/...of_Legends.htm

Kittybat

01-08-2010

I'm really annoyed by people *****ing about how inaccessible this game is. If you took 5 seconds to play HoN or DoTA, you'd realize Riot has done FAR, FAR more to make the game newb-friendly & intuitive. It may not be ideal, but look at the competition :X

Also, I read the entire boomtown review; but after reading "Glorified Tower Defense", I knew it was going to be a horrible review. That is the WORST genre definition I have ever seen given to MOBAs. It doesn't play ANYTHING like a tower defense game.

jezzy

Recruiter

01-08-2010

the reviews are kinda so that showing that u should mkae sum thing that wold make people love the game i may lik balencing and things but it would be better if u had more map maybe most played chaps ur k/d/a ratio and stuff i do like this game alot but those r sume things that might be more importened then making a new hero or a little balening

TheBayHarborButcher

01-08-2010

I agree that it was released too early. It still seems like it;s in beta but it's getting better and I have bought some things. Still disappointing though. At least release twisted treeline from beta...

This statement is so true:

This competitive strategy game is fun, though it offers only a fraction of what you should expect from a retail product. - Gamespot

xtpottx

01-08-2010

“The persistent upgrade metagame, much-improved interface, and solid match-making is a significant step forwards” – 7.75 Game Informer
[no link – this is a magazine]

http://gameinformer.com/ <<<<< whats that?