Exploit/bug or intended? Morgana shield vs teemo shrooms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeiKz

01-06-2010

and i dont know what people complain about morgana her skills / shield are super weak about all time 1 skill will destroy it its only good for protect from debuffs

Chicken Scratch

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraph View Post
I could have sworn you could cleanse it, though I've never done so personally (just heard so). Did this change recently?
There's nothing to cleanse. The spell doesn't hit until his channel completes. That big ray above your head is part of his cast animation, and it's just an animation.

Chicken Scratch

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiKz View Post
and i dont know what people complain about morgana her skills / shield are super weak about all time 1 skill will destroy it its only good for protect from debuffs
It used to be much worse when the shield purged any debuffs on the target on cast, and absorbed more damage. She's fairly balanced. I agree with you, but of course the shield is strong enough irritate people with debuffs that don't deal damage.

Bagration

01-06-2010

Quote:
I could have sworn you could cleanse it, though I've never done so personally (just heard so). Did this change recently?
Cleanse won't work since it's not a debuff but I was in a game where someone claimed they had Flashed out of it right before it hit. Haven't been able to verify it yet but it seems possible if timed appropriately.

warmonkey

01-06-2010

flash? that sounds doubtful but possible. Cleanse used to remove the 'debuff' that preceeds Kathus's ulti, but the debuff was just there, basically, to put the little impending-doom graphic above everyone's head. It's a channeled spell that deals damage at the end, they could remove the debuff from the equation completely, cleanse shouldn't have worked on it. If cleanse would work, they'd have to make his ulti not be channeled and rather insta-cast with a 3sec delay before kaboom -- essentially a map-wide, long CD, no aoe, Zilean bomb..

Fairly certain that Highlander Yi doesn't get bothered by shrooms either. Not 100%, but it's a slow and he's immune to those. Let's just say that if Yi still takes damage from Teemo's shrooms while in Highlander there's no call for the blind component of Exhaust to not affect him... and I'd be pretty upset at the discontinuity across abilities.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
Morgana's spell shield doesn't take damage from teemo's noxious traps, I call em shrooms. IIRC her shield only takes a certain amount of magic damage before wearing off. Well, she'd throw her shield on, then plow through areas where she knew I'd likely laid shroom traps and not take a single point of damage, no matter how many shrooms. One time she plowed threw 5 of em in several seconds. Was incredibly annoying early mid game as thats teemos main defense against ganks.

Anyways, I'm not looking for strategies around it or anything (I adapted, had to spread em out and put them in out of the way places) but I'm pretty sure this is a bug no? And that she was exploiting it?

I do the same thing with Udyr's turtle stance.