Exploit/bug or intended? Morgana shield vs teemo shrooms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeraph

01-06-2010

Morgana's spell shield doesn't take damage from teemo's noxious traps, I call em shrooms. IIRC her shield only takes a certain amount of magic damage before wearing off. Well, she'd throw her shield on, then plow through areas where she knew I'd likely laid shroom traps and not take a single point of damage, no matter how many shrooms. One time she plowed threw 5 of em in several seconds. Was incredibly annoying early mid game as thats teemos main defense against ganks.

Anyways, I'm not looking for strategies around it or anything (I adapted, had to spread em out and put them in out of the way places) but I'm pretty sure this is a bug no? And that she was exploiting it?

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

01-06-2010

Intended, it annoyed me too but its a valid tactic.

Chicken Scratch

01-06-2010

It's intended. It prevents buffs from applying until the amount of damage absorbed by the shield is taken in magic only damage. The problem with shrooms is they don't do the magic damage unless the buff is on, and the buff won't apply when the shield is on.

SeiKz

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraph View Post
Morgana's spell shield doesn't take damage from teemo's noxious traps, I call em shrooms. IIRC her shield only takes a certain amount of magic damage before wearing off. Well, she'd throw her shield on, then plow through areas where she knew I'd likely laid shroom traps and not take a single point of damage, no matter how many shrooms. One time she plowed threw 5 of em in several seconds. Was incredibly annoying early mid game as thats teemos main defense against ganks.

Anyways, I'm not looking for strategies around it or anything (I adapted, had to spread em out and put them in out of the way places) but I'm pretty sure this is a bug no? And that she was exploiting it?
well morgana shield protect from every skill that use ability power so your shroom have to hit more than her shield and she will receive damage but i dont know if thats a bug

SamuelLJacksonn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

shroom effects don't stack, so probably its still absorbing the dmg from the first effect, which prevents additional effects from being put on her, thus no additional damage is necessarily absorbed.

Chicken Scratch

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelLJacksonn View Post
shroom effects don't stack, so probably its still absorbing the dmg from the first effect, which prevents additional effects from being put on her, thus no additional damage is necessarily absorbed.
The shrooms do no instant damage. If the target is immune to debuffs, the shroom debuff isn't applied and hence no damage is dealt.

Zeraph

01-06-2010

Wow, that's seriously annoying. I imagine that works the same way with Karthus's ult too then, completely immune since it's a "debuff." There really needs to be another damage/debuff descriptor in the game for specific effects such as DoTs and Karthus's ult.

SeiKz

01-06-2010

Quote:
Wow, that's seriously annoying. I imagine that works the same way with Karthus's ult too then, completely immune since it's a "debuff." There really needs to be another damage/debuff descriptor in the game for specific effects such as DoTs and Karthus's ult.
yes it work for karthus ult but she isnt immuny because lets say ur shield protect 400 damage and karthus ult hit 600 so she will receive 200 damage, karthus ult is a magic damage so i dont think its wrong

Chicken Scratch

01-06-2010

Quote:
No Karthus's ult is not a debuff. It's a delayed blast. Like the guy before me said, the shield would still absorb significant amounts of damage from the ult, though, given the shield is still fairly intact.

Zeraph

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Scratch View Post
No Karthus's ult is not a debuff. It's a delayed blast. Like the guy before me said, the shield would still absorb significant amounts of damage from the ult though, given the shield is still fairly intact.
I could have sworn you could cleanse it, though I've never done so personally (just heard so). Did this change recently?