Stop banning malphite instead of Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innociv

01-09-2011

Or Udyr.

Malphite was nerfed considerably.

He has good intiationn, but doesn't carry.

Sivir and Udyr kill your entire team.

Even a sivir who only has 30 cs the first 10 minutes, and dies 5 times the first 25, can win the game if it just lasts long enough for her to free farm unoccupied lanes.

Cenerae

01-09-2011

I've never seen an Udyr destroy an entire team before...well except for the Ionia vs Noxus thing, but that was before locket got axed.

The Cello Pony

01-09-2011

Udyr doesn't kill your entire team.

He ensures that his team will kill your entire team.

innociv

01-09-2011

Udyr, late game, is pretty unstoppable. He kills all your non-tanks, and your tanks can't kill him.

cooksta

01-09-2011

Seriously, almost all of the Sivir's I've seen just do not know how to play her.

They shield too early/too late, or they'll shield an ability like a Pantheon spear instead of stun, they use ult primarily to get away, they don't know how to curve boomerangs and usually chuck them out willy nilly, and most stand in one spot while DPS'ing.

As far as Malphites go, very few I've seen haven't done good if not excellently, the few skilled ones just dominate from mid game onwards.

Honestly though, what do i know? I'm like 1100 ELO.

Talamare

01-09-2011

Sivir auto attacks your whole team with every hit!

Zardoc

01-09-2011

Quote:
Malphite was nerfed considerably.

He has good intiationn, but doesn't carry.

wat

tendurrs

01-09-2011

Sounds like someone just got owned by a Sivir. Anyway, there are several issues with your argument.

First, Malphite was hardly nerfed at all.

Second, draft mode is not necessarily about what champions "win games." It is about filling all of the necessary roles of a balanced team while making picks that force the opponents to react to them. So why do Amumu, Malphite, Rammus, and Shen rarely survive to be picked? Because these tanks have the ability to set the tempo for the entire game with the utility they provide as well as being difficult to counter. 9/10 times good tanks should be handled in bans and first/second picks.

On the other hand, what advantage is to be gained by banning Sivir? There are a host of other carries who can perform her role with similar efficacy. Furthermore, carries are much easier to counter and will always rely on their tanks to create opportunities for them (i.e. initiate fights and play anti-carry to the other team).

There are never shortages of viable carries, but God help you if you are stuck with Mundo or Garen as your "tank."

DonVadim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

Oh hi mr 8/8 trashtalking olaf who doesnt even know basics.

innociv

01-09-2011

8/8? Doesn't matter. I carried it. Got every dragon, stomped them. You died before every teamfight started.

What's the guy who went AFK, and got carried by Olaf in a 4v5, saying?