Teemo mushrooms are inherently unbalanced.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBeetle

01-09-2011

Teemo as a whole, without mushrooms, may not be the best character in the game.
His mushrooms are easily game breaking and anyone that states you can counter them with 'just buy ______' is talking what sounds good on paper and doesn't actually work.

Teemo simply has the cheapest, most effect map control in the game on top of being able to do some dangerous damage with AP+AS builds and blind the enemy carry.

Really I wish that Riot would tone his shrooms down to be more like Shaco's boxes.
Shaco can use his boxes as wards, but the long cooldown, and limited timer means that you have to be strategic and precise with your placement and to babysit them as they die.

Teemo's mushrooms are virtually limited only by his CD and the number he can make in the course of a game. Given mobility boots and a nashtor's tooth he can easily create a virtually ungankable laning situation. Not only that, it makes attempts of anyone not carrying an oracle's + heavy magic resist in great danger by just moving through the woods as a teemo shroom's base damage without any +AP can easily take 1/4 - 1/2 a non-tanks health simply by accidentally hitting one.

"Just buy oracles!"
First off that's -400 gold to counter mushrooms that you then have to go find throughout the map.
Many a time I've seen Teemo's mid that push up the lane, then leave to plant mushrooms while his lane opponent clears their wave. This means from level 6 on he's planting, so unless you get an oracles at 6 and start countering, it's copious amounts of time and potential gold wasted by not being in your lane.

"Just buy magic resist!"
Forcing players to buy magic resist on characters who otherwise would find it unnecessary until late game is what I consider a 'broken' mechanic.
If I'm Yi I can avoid the need for MR by not entering a fight until my tank has soaked the majority of magic damage like Ryze ults, Veigar bombs etc.
If I'm a ranged carry I can use good positioning and kiting to avoid it.
The one thing I can't do is avoid a mushroom in a bush I'm about to enter that I can't even see, that will then reduce my HP by half and force me to return to my base to heal or drink two potions.

"But Teemo is completely weak and worthless without his mushrooms!"
Untrue. He's not the strongest champ, but his damage is competitive, and his blind can save your squishy from Trynds and Frozen Mallet chasers etc.

Teemo could possibly use some love but first his mushrooms need some nerfs.

Suggestions (Not necessarily all of these, they are just individual ways to tone them down):
-Lower mushroom base damage to be less dangerous, more like Nidallee traps.
-Add a time limit to mushrooms (90-180 seconds) which would create a 'soft cap' on number of mushrooms teemo can have
-Add a flat limit on the number of mushrooms Teemo can have out at once (6-8 seems fair)
-BRING BACK MUSHROOMS GIVING GOLD FOR GOD'S SAKE
-Mushrooms no longer invisible but cannot be attacked without Oracles.

thehippiekiller

01-09-2011

wut teemo op, i dont even....... just....

Demp

01-09-2011

Just follow the person with an Oracle and it negates all the shrooms. 400g to take away probably the most significant aspect of a champ is a very cheap price.

Kaoculus

01-09-2011

it's not even op... it's just... not fun to play against T_T...

GnomeDruid

01-09-2011

any high elo player would lol at that

rodoabad

01-09-2011

g_ f___ y_______.

Eskely

01-09-2011

Hahaha, you made my day.

You should be getting banshees anyway, and teemos shrooms do like no damage at rank 1, some at rank 2 and become fully effective at rank 3.

MadCast Apoz

01-09-2011

His mushrooms are the only good thing about him.

Teembro

01-09-2011

what is banshees veil, what is oracles, what is magic resist?

Adormas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

Unbelievable..