Rate this guide

5 60 40.00%
4 40 26.67%
3 30 20.00%
2 3 2.00%
1 17 11.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Sivir, Balls to the wall

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

04-07-2011

I play very, very conservatively, ward the bushes, call ganks when necessary. I basically don't use any mana except for Q harass until I pick up tear. Once I pick up tear, I find I can run ricochet indefinitely and almost never go OOM, especially once I pick up a +dmg item(usually BF sword). I've gotten really good at last hitting under the tower, and I'll bait the opposition to run into my boomerang blade as I run away.

Once I get tear, I basically just let the ricochet fly. I keep my minions between me and my opponents, hit the nearest minion to me at the maximum possible distance and just let ricochet chip away at their health over time. I don't try to kill them, I just try to keep them around half health or so, so ganks are easy to call. I save my R for either gank assist or tower pushing, I also always try to have health pots on hand, sivir farms so fast that there's no excuse for not having a few at all times, plus I pick up vampiric scepter first on my way to bloodthirster, which helps a lot.

Mana-wise, I typically never go past a single tear. Start with meki and 2 health pots, go back for tear and boots 1, next trip is boots 2 and vampiric scepter(or BF sword if I'm really fed), then bloodthirster and start building zeal. Once I have zeal and bloodthirster we're typically in roaming phase. I run teleport/ghost, with that plus zeal I can pretty much roam the map. I let my team 4v5 if they can handle it under a tower, I run around just melting minion waves. I can usually keep 1-2 lanes pushed, if we don't have a jungler I grab creeps between lanes, and if I find one of our minion waves pushing up against a tower, I run in and on the hunt/youmoos(if I have it) and knock it down.

Part if the key is not feeding, which Sivir can be very susceptible to early game before she gets her movement/mana regen squared away. Post 6, I've got two escapes in both on the hunt and ghost, and with good map awareness I can usually stay alive indefinitely. 3 escapes if you count youmoo's The other big key is having a team that is smart enough to not 4v5 away from a tower. If I'm close I'll definitely go help, staying back and hitting the closest minion/champ while staying at max range, Ricochet and on the hunt REALLY help out DPS wise, and if the team really needs it I pick up starks, too(though it's not a priority).

Basically you gotta play conservative, call for a lane switch and/or gank if you find yourself in a 2v1 vs. a team that can tower dive, and REMEMBER SPELL SHIELD. Holy **** that ability has saved my ass from so many ults. Basically if you get to the point where the other team can effectively tower dive without repercussions you should already have outleveled them and be roaming/pushing lanes anyway.

Jpeg

04-07-2011

not played her enough since being back (been away from LoL for 5-6 months) to form a real educated opinion, she seemed very week to me but didn't take the time to completely understand why. I am happy however that the "balls to the wall" theme of my guide is still used .

You seem like you understand her well. From what you say, it seems like she has been changed to keep most of her pushing ability but making her week(er) in the lane. this is disappointing because i enjoyed playing her in the 2v1 lane and was a **** good tower defender.

man, did you play when promote was still in?? solo mid - hit 3 spiral blades, bad guybacks, promote R /tower. I wish there was a promote-like ability that wasn't super chessey.

DaRatmastah

04-07-2011

No, in fact I just learned about promote the other day and I drooled :'(

She's still a good tower defender early game, but post-6 the tanky DPSes start being able to tower dive with impunity, and the squishy nukers can start one and two shotting you.

I have built a tower defender sivir before, using atma's impaler and maybe a banshee's veil or warmogs, with less focus on attack speed and mobility. She can defend pretty well but not push nearly as well, and her lack of CC still makes her kind of an iffy defender.

I've also done a team variant a few times with Stark's and Chalice(like you were talking about in your guide) that works pretty well, but it takes away from her pushing more than it adds to her teamfights so I don't do it unless me team really sucks.

Keep in mind this is also mostly pubstomping experience, I don't hit up ranked much because I don't have friends to play with.

bylobog44

04-08-2011

The repeated nerfs have taken the fun out of Sivir. I've all but put her on the shelf for now.

The only thing I can figure is that they wanted to tone down her ability to farm (and itemize) like mad, but she does nothing in team fights now. In team fights, her Boom Blade is only effective if you can isolate and double hit a single enemy. If they are grouped or have minions in the way, it just doesn't do enough damage.

If they gave her an AoE slow on her ricochet (with decreasing % on subsequent targets) - even if it was like Annie's, on every 3rd or 4th cast, or just when her ULT is up, it would give her some team utility. Right now, for her squishiness, short range and lack of CC, she just doesn't do enough damage.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

Would also be nice if Spellshield gave a passive bonus like Nocturne's does. He gets Attack Speed enhancement just for having the skill. Sure, mana is more useful when you are running away than attack speed is, but when you are in a team fight, mana is rather useless (you already have enough to last till you die), while attack speed is godly.

And yes, Ricochet really needs to have some sort of effect, or be allowed to crit/proc.

So many champions now have AoE attacks which do the same damage to all targets. But for Sivir, Ricochet and Boomerang both have decreasing damage based on targets hit, which heavily de-values them.

Jpeg

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
Would also be nice if Spellshield gave a passive bonus like Nocturne's does.
not sure if making it better would actually do anything... you still would get 1 level in it at ~4 and never touch it again till 14. i'd prefer to see a buff to her base stats, move and range specifically than a passive added to spell shield. but...

here are my rambling thoughts:

Sivir is neither as good at harassing or pushing. as the opponents she will likely face.

VS a pushing opponent they can clear waves/push quickly, attempts to level E and keep up seem futile while leveling Q to harass(or push) seem just as bad.

VS a harassment heavy opponent she is out gunned, pushing will only increase the problem as she cannot quickly clear a wave and back out.

Against a strong opponent they will be able to force her into playing their game(often unconscionably) and she is ill-equipped to counter/compete.

playing in duo lane.... Q is the only ability conducive to this dance and with an ulti that doesn't deal damage and 0 disables combined with short range, it seems like a loosing proposition. hell, ashe sounds like an amazing lane partner when compared.

HOW TO FIX: i hate to be QQ and I mostly don't believe hype/in-balance. However right now, i think she needs buffed to compete at even a mid range ELO. the fixes would need to give her an 'avenue of attack' . By this i mean a strategy in the lane some way to put the hurt back on the opponent by either giving her to tools to beat(or just compete with) them at their own game, or counter their strategy. i've played her through many patches and was always able to find a strategy to get ahead. Either harrassment/zone when Q was super good single target damage. Or clearing waves & wraith while my opponent tries to farm under a tower mid. Right now she is OK at both but good at neither, preventing her from being able to leverage either to her advantage.

dOOb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2011

What an epic necro.

bylobog44

04-08-2011

The one thing they really should do for Sivir is simply remove the AP scaling from her Boomerang Blade. There is no situation I can think of in which you would want to put AP items on Sivir unless the AP was a bonus that came with some other stat you really wanted.

Her BB is the only skill that uses AP and it has 75% AP scaling and 95% AD scaling. So why would you build AP over AD?