Rate this guide

5 60 40.00%
4 40 26.67%
3 30 20.00%
2 3 2.00%
1 17 11.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Sivir, Balls to the wall

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

popo

11-28-2009

I'm pretty casual about LoL, but Sivir is my most played hero so I thought I'd drop my two cents. I just thought I would toss out my item choices for folks to look at, as they seems slightly different then what's listed here. Anyway, here it is:
Vamp Scepter
Catalyst
Upgrade to Emblem, get Boots
Frozen Maul

From there I finish starks or banshee veil, depending on game, last item I usually go for is Infinite Edge, though other items can be used for specific situations (ie Wit's End against casters). I find rushing Cata gives me a ton of staying power in the lane, plus lets me jungle for buffs a couple levels faster.
Other then the item differences, I play her the same as everyone else, tear down creep waves and towers, support team with Ult, profit.
I'm unable to rate the guide for one reason or another, so I'll just say again, I really liked it.

PrinceLaRipper

11-28-2009

good guide, i apologise for accidently rating it 1, i thought 5 was at the bottom, sorry =x

Mr Washable

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
There is one huge, massive, glaring problem with your guide.

Sivir is female, she does not have balls to take to the wall. No ********s, no cajones, no rocks, no jewels, and hopefully nothing hanging between her legs.

hes right id tap that but if she turns out to be a he..... that messes things up dont it?

ValentinaLuna

04-19-2010

great guide. for me at least.

I've tried several characters so far, specially AP/Damage/Etc wise -
But in the end I always fail at playing those. (Different Summons*)

A friend said "Some are just build to play support roles"

And I noticed I do far better as a support, specially Sivir, specially with a build close to this one.

I do prefer to take Phantom Blade at times though. Build with 9 into Defense you can get a nice 45%+ dodge, which adds to the survivability, as well as better offense. It does depend on the game though.

But you'll end up hating anything that can slow/runs effin fast and tries to down phys hit you.
ex - Ashe, Warwick, Yi..

Loved the guide though, helped me improve heaps. Thanks!

(only playing since a few days tho xD)

(edit, didn't notice I necromanced. anyways. Sorry - still I wanted to share that. (

MBirk

04-19-2010

Yeah, this is a bit old.

I would recommend checking out the "god tier aura sivir" thread on how to play Sivir.

Jpeg

04-05-2011

ya, a bit old is an understatement. This was written in beta. This was a fun build at the time but i have tried to play Sivir recently and wouldn't even recommend her as a viable champion. Look into a different guide if you really want to play her.

bylobog44

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg420 View Post
ya, a bit old is an understatement. This was written in beta. This was a fun build at the time but i have tried to play Sivir recently and wouldn't even recommend her as a viable champion. Look into a different guide if you really want to play her.
I think she is barely viable now that her Boomerang Blade has been nerfed to death. She just didn't fit the tanky DPS + jungle gank meta-game that seems to be the direction Riot wants to take LoL.

Jpeg

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylobog44 View Post
I think she is barely viable now that her Boomerang Blade has been nerfed to death. She just didn't fit the tanky DPS + jungle gank meta-game that seems to be the direction Riot wants to take LoL.
not to mention the range of her auto attacks is one of the lowest in the game along with a painfully long animation. before her nerfs i was experimenting with warmog/atma/frozen mallet. was quite tanky with good dps and able to sustain pushes. with the nerfs to boomerang she simply can't farm the gold to get to this point.

DaRatmastah

04-07-2011

I dunno, I've been playing sivir a lot lately and I can still farm like nobodies business. Priority to ricochet, pick up a tear, bloodthirster, boots, and zeal and I can melt/push towers like nobodies business. After that I work towards phantom dancer and youmoo's. If I play smart I usually end up 3/4 levels ahead. My best game last night I finished with 14 kills, 2 deaths, and 7 buildings destroyed...

Jpeg

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
I dunno, I've been playing sivir a lot lately and I can still farm like nobodies business. Priority to ricochet, pick up a tear, bloodthirster, boots, and zeal and I can melt/push towers like nobodies business. After that I work towards phantom dancer and youmoo's. If I play smart I usually end up 3/4 levels ahead. My best game last night I finished with 14 kills, 2 deaths, and 7 buildings destroyed...
How do you not get destroyed in the lane phase? i use to be able to 2v1 easily, but anymore i simply don't do enough damage through harassment for the opposition to care. They can either ignore me and farm or stun/kill or at least make me blow summoners and back.

Also, what do you get in the way of mana regen?