Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Excessive trolling.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

str8upBALLIN

01-09-2011

It's getting to the point where it's completely ruining my gameplay. I haven't been in a single game (ok, maybe one or two) in the past week that hasn't had at least one person trolling on my team. I get it. We all think /b/ is super ****ing cool. We all think trollface and coolface and newface.jpg are the funniest thing in the world. At what point does it begin to become excessive? I'd say the line starts when you repeatedly waste 25+ minutes of people's RL time day after day after day. Grow up.

inb4 UMAD? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HE MAD

pic related, it's a troll.

Quelic

01-09-2011

Well "trolls" are a part of every game, every chatroom, every website. There's nothing we can do about it, trolls are still people that choose to ruin gameplay for others. Just try to ignore them and do you best!

Délusional

01-09-2011

The only problem with the "they're part of every game" argument is that they're not just Part of this community. They are this community.

Riot's carefree and trolls it's own forums. Which is hilarious, but provides a breeding ground for this kind of community.

EXP Destin

01-09-2011

Quote:
DelusionalESG:
The only problem with the "they're part of every game" argument is that they're not just Part of this community. They are this community.

Riot's carefree and trolls it's own forums. Which is hilarious, but provides a breeding ground for this kind of community.

When it comes to trolling, RIOT you....... ARE THE FATHER!!!!
*gasps*

Arecanderu

01-09-2011

Quote:
str8upBALLIN:
It's getting to the point where it's completely ruining my gameplay. I haven't been in a single game (ok, maybe one or two) in the past week that hasn't had at least one person trolling on my team. I get it. We all think /b/ is super ****ing cool. We all think trollface and coolface and newface.jpg are the funniest thing in the world. At what point does it begin to become excessive? I'd say the line starts when you repeatedly waste 25+ minutes of people's RL time day after day after day. Grow up.

inb4 UMAD? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HE MAD

pic related, it's a troll.

actually, this kind of posts encourage trolls to keep trolling, they´re just idiots screaming for attention, if you give them attention they'll continue doing that because it works for them.

ignoring them is the best solution, but the hardest =/

Arecanderu

01-09-2011

Quote:
DelusionalESG:

but at least when they troll it´s fun for them and doesn´t affect any other person fun, they are a diferent kind of trolls than the selfish idiots who ruin games =/

Délusional

01-09-2011

Quote:
Arecanderu:
but at least when they troll it´s fun for them and doesn´t affect any other person fun, they are a diferent kind of trolls than the selfish idiots who ruin games =/

Which is why I said it's hilarious, but they provide the real trolls a feeling of security, hiding behind the "lol riot's just gonna laugh at you for reporting me" type of attitude.

DimLimeLight

01-09-2011

Quote:
Arecanderu:
actually, this kind of posts encourage trolls to keep trolling, they´re just idiots screaming for attention, if you give them attention they'll continue doing that because it works for them.

ignoring them is the best solution, but the hardest =/

By ignoring the trolls you are submitting to their tyranny.
The only way to escape the frustration is to become a troll.

Mete1110

01-09-2011

Quote:
DimLimeLight:
By ignoring the trolls you are submitting to their tyranny.
The only way to escape the frustration is to become a troll.

This is true.

Ignoring them just makes them spam "Umad?" Muting them is a tad better.

Wise Squirrel

01-09-2011

I usually make cheery comebacks and avoid getting mad.

This man is trundling!