Whats the point of not giving gold upon beeing "executed"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TonyDamajer

01-09-2011

If someone dies to minions or turrets without assistance of champions, he doesnt give away any gold or experience, why is that so?

if 3 champs tower dive you and you had no chance to deal any harm to them and one of them dies, wouldnt it be fair to get something out of the death? in dota the cash is split between the team, the one who dies looses gold and gives away gold, in LoL there are no penalties besides waiting for respawn if you die on a stupid way - no gold loss, no feed.
There should be a penalty for dieing like that, dont you think?

Some players abuse this to deny the gold and exp in hopeless situations, which is smart, but the fact that there is no loss in doing this, makes no sence to me.
Turrets and minions usually contribute alot to kills, even if they make the last hit, you profit from it, but if they take someone out on their own, you dont get any share, even if theyre your allies

Edit: im talking about the teams minions and turrets, not neutrals - getting killed by neutrals should not reward the enemies, just if they die to THEIR minions or turret

OwlGuy

01-09-2011

Why should anyone be rewarded for not contributing?

Galago

01-09-2011

I kinda agree that a execution should split the gold among the team but a I think that a humiliation (killed by neutrals) should remain the same.

Myst1kx

01-09-2011

Maybe towers and minions should get lvl ups..

Nyxian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

Well, a point to note is who would it give gold to? Sure, you could say the one they attacked, but this wouldn't work out very well if no one was attacked by the person executed. If you say to the entire eam, then this ruins jungle strats like Eve-Revive. I agree, it is annoying to fight off two people at the turret, focus one, kill that one, only to have the other executed and get no gold for it, but this is not the solution.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

If a melee champ tries to tower dive you and you manage to run around your tower long enough for them to die, then your actions did contribute to their death even if you dealt no damage.

S Little Mixy

01-09-2011

YES TAKE THAT JUNGLE EVE SMITE REVIVE AINT SO PRO NOW bump support

Galago

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypherflaeion View Post
Well, a point to note is who would it give gold to? Sure, you could say the one they attacked, but this wouldn't work out very well if no one was attacked by the person executed. If you say to the entire eam, then this ruins jungle strats like Eve-Revive. I agree, it is annoying to fight off two people at the turret, focus one, kill that one, only to have the other executed and get no gold for it, but this is not the solution.
I think it should only be split gold among the team if killed by turrets or minions. But being killed by say lizard would give no one any gold and stay the same

Xenos One

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst1kx View Post
Maybe towers and minions should get lvl ups..
with enough gold they could buy a sunfire cape....

Lose to baron? He buys a sunfire cape.....then starts wandering around the map ganking people....

Soon with enough gold....youll have to call in people from a different game to help you take out baron.....

Analu

01-09-2011

Because managing to get executed instead of slain when you're being chased through the enemy's jungle is an awesome feeling.