Why Was Promote Removed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Can someone tell me why Promote was removed?

Will it ever come back or what?

boni

01-06-2010

Low/Mid-Elo bracket wasn't able to counter 5man-Promote. As it's broken this way, it got removed until they find a solution to this.

AkaCorrupt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Because 5 man promote teams were much too powerful. It will be coming back after they rework it.

Glink

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptninja View Post
Because 5 man promote teams were much too powerful. It will be coming back after they rework it.
Alright good, I suggest they just allow 1 person on the team to have it like champions are.

Admonished

01-06-2010

Promote was removed because stacked it was ridiculously overpowered, and is currently being remade i believe. no idea when it will make its return if ever.

JunkRamen

01-06-2010

I'm thinking they didn't like the design where it was overpowered only if everyone uses it at the same time in a team, but was otherwise meh.

Argent Shaman

01-06-2010

Quote from last patch notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Promote has been removed until we can remake it to be better for casual pushing, but less useful when stacked

Evermore930

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonished View Post
Promote was removed because stacked it was ridiculously overpowered, and is currently being remade i believe. no idea when it will make its return if ever.
Promote was removed because when stacked it was ridiculously terrible when stacked, but many people were too narrow minded to actually take advantage of how bad of a strat it was.

FIX'T

thev01

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonished View Post
Well promote could still work as an ability for an upcoming champion.
Or the could either just nerf it to the point of uselesness or make it a duration buff.
I think it will return. Its such a good idea for a spell not to be brought back.