Gangplank + sheen? (and item discusision)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrGreen MD

01-06-2010

hey.

I've been playing pirate lately, trying a few different builds, and I'm a bit confused about how this item works with him. Does it increase the damage of parrrrrrrrley? that's my main question. Also, is infinity edge stacking a good build? crit and damage is what he needs for massive pistol shots, inf edge is great but is it worth the gold to stack them (since you are mainly paying for the crit damage bonus that doesn't stack)? what about phantom dancer? the crits great but it lacks damage and the attack speed doesn't help the parrrrley. So mainly what is your build recommendation for the parrley one shots? What other builds and play styles do you use with pirate?

any more pirate item discussion would help immensely.

-thanks!

edit: new question, I've heard many people saying pirate is "NOT VIABLE IN COMPETITIVE PLAY STFU QQ SCRUB" So which heroes do you think have good synergy with gangra...

Brokroma

01-06-2010

Yes, it increases the damage of parrley, yes sheen should be the second item you buy for him.

It's incredibly good for Gangplank, among other physical dps heroes with spamable spells.

gunsharp

01-06-2010

There's 2 schools of thought for playing Gangplank that you can find in the guides forum. One is heatandserve's magic penetration guide which is in the paaarley mechanics topic and the other is crit chance guide with mr. tibbers.

blurrycloud

01-06-2010

sheen damage gets added at the end of parley damage, and it doesn't crit
so its damage * crit + sheen
i play pirate, and i think its not worth it, because it so hard to procreate sheen onto your parley...

early game, go for crit chance...
late game, go for crit damage...
but because how the games snowballs a bit, i favor crit chance now...
1 early game kill = 2 late game kill

as for partner heroes...
i really like Cardmaster...
he has mapwide presence, and increases your crit by 3% as well...
and his mapwide slow really helps your cannon barrage ulti...

a 2on2 can instantly become a 4on2 with pirate ulti, CM ulti and his teleport...

inept

01-06-2010

sheen isnt worth it

3 avarice blades asap + ninja or merc treads depending on other team's makeup

stall game with ult

game gets to 30 minutes, profit from having infinity egde, phantom dancer, etc and just rape face.