5v5 Solo Queue Ranked - Luck or Skill?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SparrowMaxx

01-09-2011

I also agree that solo queue is mostly/all luck.

The carry effect DOES have an effect, but not enough. You play pretty consistently in all of your games, but your teammates vary, and that's where the problem lies. Your effect on the game is counteracted by bad play from other players, and you just have to hope that bad play isn't enough to make you lose. It's out of your control.

Jhois

01-09-2011

The thing is most of the people complaining about luck over skill are not carrying. They are just going along not ruining the game but not changing the game for their team. You have to dominate. I am talking 10+ kills early. You can't just sit there and say oh I'm not feeding we should win.

USC Zeratul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

It is a lot of luck
If you have 3 good people, but 2 feeders
You probably won't win against a team of 5 decent players

PanzerIVD

01-09-2011

It's skill as a team but it's luck to the individual summoner. Sometimes the left hand is dismayed at what the right hand is doing.

Raptor Heart

01-09-2011

I know nothing about ELO, I am not level 30... however I do have an invalid opinion on the matter.

I had a terrible W/L record my first 90 games, until lvl 10ish, then I watched videos of good players, and read up on guides. Now I win around 7 out of every 10 games going on my match history... and I have more wins then losses now by a lot, at level 18.

The changed in my record is directly related to me, just 1 person out of 10 in a game, getting better.

Quelic

01-09-2011

Both, luck that you don't get a troll. Skill,to make sure you do good to win the match.

Legendary Jason

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2011

solo queue is luck for having good players on your team

Kaoculus

01-09-2011

Never duo queue. Everyone thinks duo queue is autowin. Both you and yoru partner must pick hard carries, and if your teammates don't pick the right heroes, you lose. The other three teammates tend to be worse than usual.

I lost 90% of my duo queues, dropping me from 1400 to 1100, and then I worked myself solo queue back up to 1400 again.