Fiddlesticks silence too long?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-06-2010

Everybody knows that Fiddlesticks deal ridiculous damage with Crowstorm and think it's overpowered.
In a sense I do agree with them, but I think what makes Crowstorm so devastating is the silence Fiddlesticks can use beforehand.
Knowing that it can bounce between multiple targets, it's easy for him to shutdown a team for a good solid 8 seconds. Now that's just as bad as being stun locked for 8 seconds.
I think the silence time should be reduced as it is by far the longest shutdown duration in the whole league. Also the fact that it can shutdown a whole team makes it even more ridiculous.
You can say "don't bunch up" but many have found the range of that little ******* bird flying around to be rather large. Also there are mercury's treads, but that's still 4.8 seconds of shutdown time which is still longer than most silences in the league.
Perhaps reducing the maximum duration down to 6 seconds should be sufficient.
Or the numbers of rebounds can be reduced by one.

Yeah, that's all I'm typing.

Graty

01-06-2010

I actually can't see very many if any situations where you want to stand right next to your teammates during big fights. So many area of effect stuns and damage abilties.
That's the weakness of Crowstorm and Dark Wind; the enemy team can run in five different directions, Fiddle can't.

Maysin

01-06-2010

Aye, Fiddle can't run in 5 directions, but most likely they won't run towards the enemy, so if your team is covering 270 degrees around their team, they only have a 90 degree area of safety window to run. In the end, it forces tight groups to scatter, but Fiddle will still get shut down quickly if his team doesn't back him up.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-06-2010

It's hard to have all your teammates run in different directions especially when Crowstorm can take up most of the space in a lane.
Also there's the fact that there are other teammates it's not like someone playing fiddlesticks will go in alone. So there's 3 routes blocked off.
Essentially, you're team has only one route to run away in, and it's not easy to run out of the circle of death unless if you have an insane speed buff or flash.
But wait, you can't use either because of Dark Wind.
Fiddlestick's ultimate may do some ******ed damage, but it's his silence that lets him do that.
"Just stun him", great with what skill that ISN'T silenced?
"Run away", too bad he flashes next to you with his ultimate and you can't get out without the use of a skill.
"Spread out", and die one by one.

And seriously people, discuss about Dark Wind/Silence on Fiddlesticks, not how to avoid his ultimate.